FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA io goes bye bye after pro apps update in FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall M
AJA io goes bye bye after pro apps update in FCP
on Oct 15, 2008 at 5:03:13 am

Well, I first posted in the FCP forum but then thought maybe I should confess my sins here.

Problem- I have deck control but cannot see or hear video in the log and capture window.

Today I updated my FCP studio 2 with the pro apps update 2008-03.

However, now that I've started thinking about the possibilities- I also should mention I downloaded AJA ProIO control panel. Upon opening, the first thing I saw was a bunch of red ink stating my firmware was out of date. I followed the instructions in the release notes, initiated the firmware update, powered off the AJAio, disconnected from power, then powered up again and restarted the macpro. Everything seemed fine, but it did say in the release notes- to check and see if you and playback and capture video. That's the first thing I did. Nada- nothing.

I had now fallen into the infamous trap of doing too many things at once and added to the variables as to why things are not jellin' any longer. So I've reloaded the AJAio drivers 3.0. I've restored factory default in the AJA control panel. Still nothing. I'm beginning to think I should not have installed the proapps update.

Anyone have a suggestion- or experience to share. Thanks,
Randall

MacPro 3Ghz dual core running
FCP Studio 2
AJA io

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: AJA io goes bye bye after pro apps update in FCP
on Oct 15, 2008 at 12:51:54 pm

[Randall M] "Anyone have a suggestion- or experience to share. Thanks, "

Call tech support-

have you made sure that when you reinstalled the current driver it was for the Aja Io and not the IoHD?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Randall M
on Oct 15, 2008 at 2:11:09 pm

Thanks Gary for replying. I installed my original drivers for the io which I already had on disc. I'll call tech support this morning.
Best,
Randall

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 15, 2008 at 5:59:47 pm

[Randall M] "I installed my original drivers for the io which I already had on disc. I'll call tech support this morning. "

thats why it is not working- download the NEWEST builds from the AJA website- the driver you are using was build for earlier versions of FCP.

DOWNLOAD THE CURRENT DRIVERS FROM THE WEBSITE ASAP

my guess it will fix your issue right away

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Randall M
on Oct 16, 2008 at 12:56:46 am

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the note. I actually used the proper drivers- from the website, not from the original disc. I realized that I needed to do so after writing my initial post. But that didn't prevent the "preview disabled" within my log and capture window on any of the io codecs.

AJA tech support suggested I back down to the previous firmware, which I did today by downloading the previous firmware from there software archive download page. Now everything is working well in FCP 6.0.4.

Something evidently happened in my initial flash of the firmware and subsequent cycle of power- because I never received a message saying the firmware had been successfully updated. AJA said the only reason I needed to update my firmware was to use the Proio Control Panel and that the panel itself was not necessary for functionality of my io.

I'm not sure if the lesson in this case was "do not update multiple items at once" or "be patient during any firmware flashing." Either way, when the dust settled, I was just glad to be alive.

Randall

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 16, 2008 at 3:23:00 am

[Randall M] "I'm not sure if the lesson in this case was "do not update multiple items at once" or "be patient during any firmware flashing." Either way, when the dust settled, I was just glad to be alive."

Panic is such a wonderful thing.

Randall, It has happened to all of us, honestly we all sometimes make those same mistakes, no matter how many times you have been thru the routine. It's all about go back to the beginning, and redoing every step over again. Just to make sure.

And nothing like some one in Tech Support to walk you thru the steps you "thought" you did right.

Amazing how many times I have called into some one at AJA just to refresh me on the stepsto a set up I have not done in a long time.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Bruce Rawlings
on Oct 16, 2008 at 6:01:25 pm

I upgraded my IoHD unit and that was the end of it so now I have been sent a new one with old firmware. I dare not upgrade and risk trouble as it cost $400 dollars to send it back to the USA from the UK.

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
on Oct 16, 2008 at 10:59:42 pm

Luckily for us AJA Tech support is by far some of the best in the industry.

-mark

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Oct 19, 2008 at 8:14:07 pm

Having issues with no HDMI output after installing the new IoHD last Friday (see other post) I'm beginning to think it could be the firmware and/or driver? Aja states that one of the new features is 8 channel audio over HDMI. Not sure if it's the driver (6.0.1) or the firmware or a combination. All downloaded from Aja. Everything else seems to work just fine with the Io HD. (although I miss the possibility to adjust analog audio gain prior to capture).

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 19, 2008 at 8:38:02 pm

[Niklas Wikman] "Having issues with no HDMI output after installing the new IoHD last Friday (see other post) I'm beginning to think it could be the firmware and/or driver?"

Since you say it does not work and give no other info

Start with
24p content is NOT supported in the HDMI 1.2 spec in the IoHD- that means that only 60i / 60p playback is supported for HDMI capture and playback.

make sure you are in the correct HDMI port.

the IOHD firmware needs to be updated for correct functionality.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Oct 20, 2008 at 5:21:26 am

I use analog input for capture over 625i. No HD. Composite output works fine. (Have not tested the component output, since there's no need going back to Betacam. IoHD is used as capture device.)
Running Final Cut Pro (6.0.2) works fine to. It is just the HDMI output that does not work. Latest firmware in Aja (sept, 15) and using driver 6.0.1.

Should I uninstall and re-install the drivers?
I have double-checked the HDMI cable. Also tried different settings in HDMI setup (RGB/component, output 1 or 2, etc)

No luck.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 20, 2008 at 12:10:43 pm

Niklas

First lets see if it is working- set the IoHD control panel to show bars and see if those are working correctly on your display-

DO NOT OPEN FINAL CUT -
Only use the IoHD control panel. ( and make sure you are in the correct HDMI port)

Please try both HD and SD settings- some consumer level displays do not support all HDMI signals.

FYI- what display are you connecting to and have you tried a different HDMI cable

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
on Oct 24, 2008 at 2:55:59 am

I can attest that not all signals will go out the HDMI output, specifically SD signals. The manual states pretty clearly which HD signals will output through the HDMI port (the HDMI out does not support any SD signals). However, SD signals can be captured through the HDMI input.

-mark

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Nov 6, 2008 at 11:48:21 am

Guys,

I stand fully and blushingly corrected. Switched from 625i to 720p (or 1080i) as secondary and hey presto - now I have an image and sound over HDMI.

(the orginal footage is 625i over DV50, does it matter if I choose 720i or 1080p as output?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]