FORUMS: list search recent posts

Iohd Doesn't Work After Printing out to a DV Camera!!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jee Yong Hwang
Iohd Doesn't Work After Printing out to a DV Camera!!
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:16:41 am

Hello, everyone.
I'm writing this from Seoul, South Korea. I got a problem with my iohd, but seems like there's no many people who's really aware of this io box.
My problem is that the iohd just doesn't work right after printing out to a DV camera through fireWire connection.
Let me tell you about my system in detail.

MacBook Pro (purchased in March this year)
- CPU : 2.6
- RAM : 4G
- INTERNAL HDD : 250G
- EXTERNAL HDD (for capturing media) : Lacie D2 Quadra 1T
- EXTERNAL HDD Connection : eSATA 3Gbps Express Card

Final Cut Studio 2
- Final Cut PRO : 6.0.4

Iohd (purchased in January this year)
- Aja controller : 6.0 (NOT 6.0.1)
- FirmWare : Updated with the Aja Updater came with 6.0

My work flow :
I Usually capture from Betacam SP VTR (Not HD yet) through the component video and balanced audio lines, and then edit in Final Cut Pro with NTSC monitoring form iohd, and then shot down iohd and connect a DV camera (SONY PD 150) to print out the edited piece to a DV tape.

The problem happens when I switch back to iohd. After disconnecting the camera and turning iohd on, the Aja controller looks like it finds out iohd connected, but the whole Aja system doesn't work with Final Cut Pro. I can't monitor through iohd.
I think I changed the Audio/Video Settings right each time I needed. Some people told me this kind of problem happened with io, ioLA, and LD too. If I re-install the Aja driver, everything works again, but would you like to install a soft every time you need?

If you know about anything related to my problem, please let me know.
Sorry for my English, and thank you for your time

Jee Yong Hwang

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Iohd Doesn't Work After Printing out to a DV Camera!!
on Oct 2, 2008 at 1:52:30 pm

Welcome!

YOu should definitely update to 6.0.1.

Next, you need to reselect an easy setup for the ioHD when you plug it in by hitting control-q and selecting the appropriate easy setup with "AJA ioHD" in the name of it. You can also hit refresh devices (option-f12) and that should allow the ioHD and FCP to talk.

ALso, you shouldn't need to reinstall the software, just restart the machine or even restart FCP with the ioHD connected and turned on. With the latest version of the drivers, the ioHD can be plugged in to the machine at any time. You don't need to restart the computer anymore.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jesus Ali
on Oct 4, 2008 at 9:54:21 am

You should just get an additional FW card and route the External Video through Final Cut, choosing between the IoHD or the Additional Firewire bus (connected to the DV camera).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/481838-REG/Sonnet_FWUSB2_E_5_Port_Tan...

Return to posts index

Jared Picune
on Oct 9, 2008 at 2:50:20 pm

I think you should seperate your Io hd from your hard drive, since your d2 Quadra has esata port, i would suggest you get a esata express card to do so. you could get a faster speed than firewire port and solve your current problem.

http://www.lacomputercompany.com/cgi-bin/rpcart/index.cgi?command=dispitem&...

Also if you if need more speed take a look at the CalDigit HDOne, it can work with a laptop too with an PCIe express card.

http://www.taenamdvi.co.kr/sub/product.php?pd_rowid=11

Jared Picune
Idea Spring Editing, Inc.
Denver Final Cut Pro UG
Geeky Mac | FCP Tips & Tricks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]