FORUMS: list search recent posts

back to the JVC- BR-HD50...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MV
back to the JVC- BR-HD50...
on Oct 1, 2008 at 7:27:06 pm

so I am having a whole new issue now, this time with HDMI capture/input, like the earlier post, I cannot get the io accept signal from the JVC BR-HD50 deck when playing back a regular DV-60i tape. I put in a full size DVCAM tape (recorded in DVCAM format) and it plays back fine. I had shot some footage on my JVC HD250 camera using the DV-60i setting, and when I try to play it back to capture, I see the "No Video" in the control panel. Has this been addressed already?

--- using aja io 6.01 with fcs2 6.0.3, and g5 quad, JVC BR-HD50 deck via HDMI

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: back to the JVC- BR-HD50...
on Oct 2, 2008 at 9:00:46 pm

I assume that you are using the I/O HD, and not the I/O, as you state (the I/O does not have HDMI).

I use the JVC BR-HD50U all the time. You can simply go ANALOG HD COMPONENT from the JVC BR-HD50 Y Pb Pr outputs right into the I/O HD, and the image quality is spectacular. You need to buy nothing else, nor do you need to suffer thru why you can't get your HDMI to work. Just make sure the JVC menus are set to output a 720p signal, and not a 480i signal on the component output .

If what I have described to you does not work, the next step is to take the analog composite output of the BRHD50, and stick it right into a TV montior. The VTR will downconvert the HD signal, and let you know if you are even getting playback from the JVC250 camera tape !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]