FORUMS: list search recent posts

can i still capture DV through firewire?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MV
can i still capture DV through firewire?
on Sep 26, 2008 at 3:42:22 pm

I recently received our first ioHD, and am eager to start using it.(We also have three Kona LHe's and a Kona3). Our firewire 800 card has not arrived yet, so I'm using the system bus for the ioHD. However, I still want to capture some DV footage, so I disconnected the ioHD and connected the DV deck to do a capture but I no longer see a signal through the capture window any longer. Does anyone else have this problem? I do have deck control and can see the timecode, but no video or audio signal...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: can i still capture DV through firewire?
on Sep 26, 2008 at 3:51:14 pm

DId you quit FCP in the process? What version of the ioHD drivers are you using? You should be using the very latest drivers (6.0.1) as it supports hot plugging the ioHD in and out of the machine.

That's what she said.

Return to posts index

Bobby MV
on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:26:37 pm

I do have the latest drivers, Running FCP 6.0.3, the first time i did not quit FCP when disconnecting the io, but afterward i did quit and then restart without the io connnected and i still cant capture through firewre... i ended up scrapping that panasonic deck and just using a JVC HD deck and capturing through HDMI.

Bobby Mosaedi
Magic Video, Inc.

"once you go mac, you never go back"

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:49:48 pm

DId you select the dv NTSC easy setup?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]