FORUMS: list search recent posts

IoHD hardware codec

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lacey
IoHD hardware codec
on Aug 28, 2008 at 4:27:46 pm

I plan to capture SD PAL proresHQ intentially lower field first, to mix in with my DVcam sequences in FCP. Will the IoHD display this field order correctly or, because of it's internal hardware codec, will it display as upper field first?

Thanks

Alan

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: IoHD hardware codec
on Aug 28, 2008 at 5:26:41 pm

[Alan Lacey] " plan to capture SD PAL proresHQ intentially lower field first, "

PAL is always upper field first . It is my guess that you will NOT be able to effectively override this in the IoHD.

you can change the field order after capture -but it will NEVER look quite right best to convert the video first then capture.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
Re: IoHD hardware codec
on Aug 29, 2008 at 10:17:46 am

Thanks Gary,

The background to this is that I've had a real problem mixing SD prores HQ sequences with slomoed DVcam sequences in FCP.

The Prores is 422 talking head and greenscreened over slomoed DVcam in a prores sequence.

Rafael suggested that I'd have less problems working all lower field first, hence the question about capturing PAL as lower field first.

The 422 is coming off a JVC D9 machine SDI (EBU separate audio) and I'll be previewing using the Iohd.

So the question is: If FCP let's me capture lower field PAL (?questionable) what will be the field order I'll be viewing it using the IoHD?

Best wishes

Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]