FORUMS: list search recent posts

Power Up Sequence Aja ioHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Griswold
Power Up Sequence Aja ioHD
on Aug 16, 2008 at 1:57:39 pm

I have read various posts that don't agree on what devices to power up in what order when using the ioHD. I had a heck of a time yesterday getting everything working right because of this. What order do you power up the Aja, boot the Mac, etc?

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana

Return to posts index

Ken Botelho
Re: Power Up Sequence Aja ioHD
on Aug 16, 2008 at 7:06:04 pm

[George Griswold] "I have read various posts that don't agree on what devices to power up in what order when using the ioHD. I had a heck of a time yesterday getting everything working right because of this. What order do you power up the Aja, boot the Mac, etc?

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana"

Hi George, this is ripped right from the manual... "The AJA IoHD must be powered on prior to booting the computer. If the IoHD is powered up after the computer, the AJA Control Panel application will not be able to properly control the unit. If for any reason the IoHD is power cycled while the computer remains powered, the computer must be rebooted for proper operation of the IoHD."

From my experience, I usually boot my external media drives first, then all equipment, then the io, then the computer.

Has anyone been able to successfully wake up the io after the computer has been started? Maybe we can write some kind of "refresh" script.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Power Up Sequence Aja ioHD
on Aug 18, 2008 at 3:11:58 pm

Basically, the computer is that last thing that needs to be on. If the computer goes to sleep or you lose connection with the io (the fw800 cable comes out for whatever reason), simply restart your computer. If you aren't sure of what order everything has been turned on, restart. It's the easiest way to ensure proper connectivity.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]