FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Trouble

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Archer
Audio Trouble
on Aug 15, 2008 at 7:14:31 pm

OK so i uninstalled the drivers for AJA IO and reinstalled the 5-1.1.2 version and now i cant get any audio out of my IO Box I can hear it fine on the onbaord speakers but no AJA Now What??????

A cut is a cut & a dissolve is a disolve, and not just anybody with a system is a pro.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Audio Trouble
on Aug 15, 2008 at 7:43:39 pm

Did you setup your east setup? Is your external video set to on in FCP?

Return to posts index

Dan Archer
on Aug 15, 2008 at 8:05:34 pm

I did. I am editing XDCAm EX and i started with easy setup but had to change a couple of settings. I acan see the audio bouncing the meters but no uotput to IO. I dont see the IO meters move at all. Video is set to out put thru IO and i see it fine

A cut is a cut & a dissolve is a disolve, and not just anybody with a system is a pro. Also now i noticed that when I turn audio out to AJA IO i get a dropped frame error. Very strange

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 15, 2008 at 8:32:30 pm

This was an issue with older drivers. Please Uninstall what ever you have using the uninstaller, then reinstall 5.1.2.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Dan Archer
on Aug 15, 2008 at 9:03:31 pm

I have done that already, and that seems to have made it worse. I will retry it for kicks.

A cut is a cut & a dissolve is a disolve, and not just anybody with a system is a pro.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 15, 2008 at 9:28:42 pm

Make sure you uninstall first. Then reinstall. And make sure it's v 5.1.2 not 5.1.1.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Perry
on Aug 16, 2008 at 10:15:44 pm

Hi,

I have often had this problem. Could be a couple of things. I would guess that if you can hear internal speakers your Audio/video settings are not correct. The output must be IO/HD on the audio as well as your video setting on the AJA. Also, your system preferences must select the IO/HD. Sorry if these are simplistic but it seems to be a common issue. Also, after you set these go back and check if your external video is set to All Frames.

David Perry

David Perry
Carmen Productions

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 17, 2008 at 3:43:40 pm

David's suggestions are excellent. I would also like to suggest the following. CLOSE your existing project (the one you were working on), and open up a NEW project, new EASY SETUP, and new sequence. Simply bring up BARS AND TONE, and try it now. If it works, digitize some NEW material, and play it back.

So often, everyone is in a panic - "I just want to get back to work with my project that I have to finish", and don't step back to observe the problems. Close your current project, start from scratch (just for a few seconds) on a new project, and do your tests this way (With a NEW EASY SETUP), and you should be fine.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

David Bispham
on Aug 18, 2008 at 2:37:47 pm

David Perry says..."Also, your system preferences must select the IO/HD."
If he means the System Sound then I experience the endless audio echo problem if the IO/HD is selected and I select the Digital Out for system sound.
I am using 5.1.1 (AJA) on Tiger 10.4.11 because I was told 5.1.2 is for Leopard, but this could be incorrect.

Return to posts index

Dan Archer
on Aug 20, 2008 at 6:06:15 pm

OK so I updated firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, did the easy setup thing. and i am right back where i started with the never ending echo and when that goes away i only get on e speaker to work but with no echo. SHEESH. Is ever one else having these probs????????

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 20, 2008 at 6:26:55 pm

Dan-

I can only think that it's a config issue. It's either the way you have it routed, a software problem or there's something wrong with your io box. If someone was there, it could probably be diagnosed very quickly and fixed.

I'd call AJA.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Bispham
on Aug 20, 2008 at 6:55:39 pm

Is your System sound output set to built-in?
If it is set to Aja ioHD you will get the Echo.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Aug 20, 2008 at 8:09:01 pm

[Dan Archer] "where i started with the never ending echo "

Ok

YOU CANNOT USE THE IOHD FOR PLAYBACK of SYSTEM ALERTS OR AUDIO.

open the Audio Prefs and turn the Iohd Audio playback

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]