FORUMS: list search recent posts

A few audio issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Woody Bass
A few audio issues
on Aug 12, 2008 at 1:07:37 pm

I'm a tad scatter-brained at the moment (lots of stuff going on here at work), so I apologize if this question has been asked before....

One of our clients has no problems when playing video/audio within a FCP sequence to his ext. reference monitor and speakers; however, when he plays a self-contained Quicktime file, etc., the audio is out of sync with the video. Any ideas?

Woody

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: A few audio issues
on Aug 12, 2008 at 4:14:09 pm

Are you palying the audio through the io on the self contained movie?

How is everything hooked up?

Return to posts index

Woody Bass
on Aug 19, 2008 at 1:41:13 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply...needed to get some info from client.

As far as the setup of the suite, we have the audio out of the IoHD feeding into a mixing board, which then feeds the various decks and speakers.

Here's the response from the client re: the audio sync issue: "f I play a captured or exported by FCP file it plays in sync through both the AJA IO and the Mac internal speaker. If I play a RealMedia file (created by Squeeze) it plays in sync through the internal speaker but out of sync through the AJA IO. Same with video/audio files (Flash, typically) on the web."

Any ideas on what might be going on here?

Woody Bass

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 19, 2008 at 2:51:02 pm

[Woody Bass] "Any ideas on what might be going on here? "

The AJA io only works with 'editing' codecs that are supported bu Final Cut Pro. Any codec that you see listed in the easy setup will work with AJA tv (wtih a few exceptions in long GOP formats). Any web movie will not play properly out of the io as it was not designed for this reason. To play audio and video in sync on your computer, you need to route your system sounds through the line out of your computer, then run that through your mixer.

Make sense?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Woody Bass
on Aug 20, 2008 at 7:31:03 pm

Jeremy,

This is what I thought would be the case, but just wanted to make sure from others who deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis. Just out curiosity, is the way we have it set up currently (audio from IoHD piped to mixing board) the common configuration or is there some other way of doing it that is a better approach?

Thanks for your help,

Woody

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 20, 2008 at 7:43:55 pm

That's fine and correct as long as you are playiing video out through it to. If you are playing video and audio from your computer (not the io) as a source, you need to pipe out your computer sounds through the headphone jack and into your mixer. It will be in sync then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]