FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappearing Audio

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Kirby
Disappearing Audio
on Jul 30, 2008 at 11:39:48 am

Recent problem that has just manifested over the last 3-4 days or so - every now and then immediatley after an audio edit (various different edits)and about 4 times a day, the audio output goes stone dead on my IO HD - seems that the only way to get it back is to shut down the Mac, put the IO through a power cycle and then reboot. Bit of a pain if the client is around obviously, still a bit of a pain on my own of course!

Working on 2 projects at the moment, straight ProRes SD & Prores SD with pan and scan on ProRes HD source clips captured using AJA exchange. Problem occurs with both projects.

If anyone has any ideas on what could be the culprit here I'd be most grateful. Have changed nothing from a set up that has been working reasonably well for a while.

MacPro 2 X 3GHZ Quad Core Intel, 8 gig Ram, IO HD. No other FW devices connected.

-----------------------------
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Disappearing Audio
on Aug 5, 2008 at 1:48:51 am

http://www.aja.com/html/support_Io_swd.html

Load the 5.1.2 driver. Please READ the AJA description of this driver, and you will see your problem listed here.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tim Kirby
Re: Disappearing Audio
on Aug 5, 2008 at 10:04:06 am

Cheers Bob - I thought I had that update installed already, but on closer inspection noticed that this was not the case. Doh. Still, hopefully this thread can be an example to others to make sure they have checked their driver & firmware versions properly.

-----------------------------
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]