FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IO HD downconvert issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alasdair MacCuish
AJA IO HD downconvert issue
on Jul 29, 2008 at 9:16:03 pm

Hi there
Earlier this year I purchased a new MAC Pro 3.2Ghz with 8GB of ram, an AJA IO HD and an HD monitor.

Since the day it arrived we have had nothing but problems. Initial problems of not being able to capture were eventually solved by the AJA firmware update.
However, we are still having consistent problems, and we are starting to lose the will to live.

The latest set of problems are:
1. Working on an 720P project, captured as ProRes HQ. The final client requirement is layoff to Standard def digi beta. However, to things are happening. firstly the downconverted file through the AJA (720P down to 625i) has 'shadowing' on some of the graphics, but even worse, as soon as we try to assemble to tape, the system goes into shutdown (lovely black shadow screen) and we have to force a powerdown. We are able to get the footage to tape if we just crash in and don't use the assemble function, but obviously thats no use!
Is this an AJA IO HD issue, an Apple issue?
Not sure where to go next!

2. since buying the new system, compressor is incredibly slow (e.g. MPEGING 30mins from the timeline can take between 6 and 12 hours) Obviously this is a ridiculous amount of time and totally unworkable.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Alasdair

Bees Nees Media

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA IO HD downconvert issue
on Aug 2, 2008 at 4:54:03 am

What's your RAM configuration. Not just how much is in there, but where it's physically located in the slots?

Return to posts index

Alasdair MacCuish
on Aug 7, 2008 at 9:54:43 pm

hi there

I have ram as follows:

Riser A/ 1: 2Gb
Riser A/ 2: 2Gb
Riser A/ 3: 1Gb
Riser A/ 4: 1Gb

Riser B / 1: 1Gb
Riser B / 2: 1Gb
Riser B / 3: empty
Riser B / 4: empty

any help much appreciated

Alasdair

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 11, 2008 at 10:49:33 pm

I'd suspect a RAM issue as this has been coming up a lot lately.

Try pulling everything but the 4Gigs on RiserA (the Two-2gig modules) and we'll go from there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]