FORUMS: list search recent posts

Could someone take the time to explain this to me

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Perry
Could someone take the time to explain this to me
on Jul 27, 2008 at 3:16:58 pm

Hi,

I have a mobile truck to record concerts with three Panasonic P2 on remote pan/tilt. Each camera is ISO. I bring the HD Component signal in through the Gefen component extenders. The signal goes into my Panasonic HVS-300g switcher and then to the AJA IOHD into Final Cut Pro.

My issue is this. I bring in audio separately through a DAW called Pyramix which has video ref out. and LTC. I wish to lock my video and audio as I record 16-24 tracks in Pyramix and send it 2 channels to the IOHD for reference. I can also delay the audio to sync with the video. II mix later in post and lay back the audio to the finished video. I also send a live signal to a DVD recorder to give the artists.

Okay, should I absolutely be using a external clock? Can I send BB out of the switcher to Pyramix or send the video ref signal to the switcher from Pyramix? How does the signal get locked to FInal Cut. I know there is the capture from AJA that will eventually accept timecode. Is this what I should be using to capture?

THanks in advance for your time and effort.

David Perry
Perry Arts Media
Leesburg, VA

David Perry
Carmen Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Could someone take the time to explain this to me
on Jul 27, 2008 at 10:20:21 pm

What cameras are you using? Normally in a true multicam setup I'm sending TC from an outside TC generator to everything, Audio record, record decks (in your case it would be the IoHD) and to all the cameras if they are recording. I also send Black Burst ref to all from a BBG. If you don't have everything locked to the same TC it will make setting up the multicam less than idea. It can be done but locked TC makes it a click of the mouse.

Return to posts index

David Perry
on Jul 28, 2008 at 12:57:19 am

Hi,

I am using Panasonic HVX-200 which do not have genlock. The best I can do is put them on freerun and lock them that way. They record to a citi disk through FW for back up. Each camera goes out HD component to the switcher which has internal frame sync. That signal goes to the IOHD and to the Mac. THe audio is fed separately to the AES/EBU inputs. I get a live switch and then use the ISO files for back up.

I would like to be able to mix the audio and sync it to the IOHD in post. I can however skip all the sync and slate it but I want the audio not to drift. I have not had a problem to this point but everyone says I need to lock all the components. I have video ref out and LTC out and in on my Pyramix DAW. I have LTC and VIdeo in and out of the IOHD but I have not been able to sync the two. Then there is the switcher. I don't see a difference if I have it in Internal or BBST or BBAT or Triax. In HD should I be using Tri sync?

Thank you,

David

David Perry
Carmen Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 28, 2008 at 3:25:23 am

I would get a TC generator and a Black burst generator and just hook up the Audio record, IoHD and the switcher. Set everything to except EXT TC. This should lock your Audio and Program Video. Of course your ISO records on the cameras with not match. Even if you jam the cameras together via FW they won't match up if you ever change the battery or turn the camera off.

Return to posts index

David Perry
on Jul 28, 2008 at 11:44:44 am

THank you Michael,

I will get a tcand blackburst generator today.

Regards

David Perry
Carmen Productions

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jul 28, 2008 at 12:54:44 pm

[David Perry] "I am using Panasonic HVX-200 which do not have genlock. The best I can do is put them on freerun and lock them that way."

Why not do the recommended course and jam sync them together over FW as panasonic recommends?

there is an entire thread on this on the P2 forum only 2 weeks ago.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]