FORUMS: list search recent posts

ioHD : upgrade to Leopard?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Ramsey
ioHD : upgrade to Leopard?
on Jul 14, 2008 at 5:26:19 pm

Hey folks,

In considering an upgrade from Tiger to Leopard, we were told that the ioHD was designed for and, therefore, works more fluidly with Leopard.

Anyone know if there is truth in that statement? Of our two systems, one works pretty well and the other wokrs okay but with some glitches... wondering if it's worth the upgrade headaches to move to Leopard in hoping both systems run more perfectly.

Thanks much for your insight,
Ramsey

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: ioHD : upgrade to Leopard?
on Jul 14, 2008 at 7:01:44 pm

First of all, what kind of problems are you having?

Second, yes the ioHD works with Leopard.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ramsey
on Jul 14, 2008 at 8:45:44 pm

Yes, very good. Thank you for confirming that ioHD works with Leopard--that is comforting to hear. But does it work BETTER on Leopard? That's the real number we're trying to figure out. Well, it's a long story as to what doesn't work right and it gets into sync problems that then opens up the can of "known-problem" worms, but these particular sync issues extended beyond those known issues. We've had the one machine rebuilt and it, so far, seems to be much more solid. Right now, the nuances I would say are most pronounced are very delayed starting and stopping of the timeline (i.e., takes a long time to get going, and a long time to stop on playback). Considering these are fully-maxed out, new MacPro towers with the bells and whistles, these and similar nuances have thrown our integrator for a loop. But they're also not super Mac-savvy. So, it was suggested we upgrade to Leopard b/c the ioHD was "designed" for Leopard. I'm curious if that is true or if anyone noticed improved performance from tiger to leopard with the ioHD.

Thanks much,
Ramsey

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 14, 2008 at 9:01:39 pm

[Jonathan Ramsey] "b/c the ioHD was "designed" for Leopard."

Don't know the truth in that statement as the ioHD came out before Leopard was really flourishing. that being said, I use it with Leopard and haven't used it with Tiger. The offical sys req state 10.4.9 or later. It was desinged for FCS2, that's for sure.

As far as it working better, I just dont know. If your leopard system is running better, why not upgrade?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ramsey
on Jul 14, 2008 at 9:43:43 pm

Yes, you mirror my thoughts as to the relative release dates. It's a bit of a conundrum. Probably just have to take the plunge and see what happens. My system, to clarify, if not on Leopard -- neither suite is yet. Thanks for all your thoughts. I do appreciate it very much.

Ramsey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]