FORUMS: list search recent posts

Io HD Absent Audio

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Cox
Io HD Absent Audio
on Jul 2, 2008 at 9:02:57 pm

Mac Pro, 8X3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, OS 10.5.3, FCP 6.0.3

I am using the Io HD to capture from a DVCPRO 50 deck. I have complete machine control and can view the video in FCP but I am unable to capture audio or get any type of meter reading in FCP.

I do get a reading on the Io box, I have changed my settings in the AJA control panel, uninstalled and reinstalled the Io software and still no audio. I even tried deleting my FCP user preferences and still no luck. The issue seams to be somewhere between the Io and FCP but I am not sure what is going on.

Note: I have been using the Panasonic AJ-PCD20 drive to ingest my P2 media into FCP for the past couple of months and have had no need for the Io or the DVCPRO 50 deck would this have created some type of conflict?

Please Advise!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Io HD Absent Audio
on Jul 2, 2008 at 9:16:15 pm

[Jason Cox] "Note: I have been using the Panasonic AJ-PCD20 drive to ingest my P2 media into FCP for the past couple of months and have had no need for the Io or the DVCPRO 50 deck would this have created some type of conflict?"

It shouldn't.

As long as you have the proper inputs selected in the control panel: In the Log and capture window, make sure your audio tracks are selected under the Clip Settings tab.

Also, make sure you have the latest ioHD drivers installed. Uninstall your older ones first. The latest is v5.1.2.

http://www.aja.com/html/support_Io_swd.html

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Ryan Rivard
on Nov 3, 2008 at 7:32:12 pm

Jason,

By updating the drivers did that take care of the problem? I've got the same thing going on here.

Ryan

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 3, 2008 at 8:07:54 pm

[Ryan Rivard] "By updating the drivers did that take care of the problem? I've got the same thing going on here. "

its a firmware issue- make sure that you have also run the IoHD firmware updater.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Ryan Rivard
on Nov 3, 2008 at 7:51:52 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>