FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO Edit to tape or Print to Tape is black

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JumpCut Ed
IO Edit to tape or Print to Tape is black
on Jun 9, 2008 at 4:16:04 pm

Here are my problems and I'll add my set-up below.

1- I can view the output of the of the AJA Io on my monitor during normal editing, both directly out of the box or when viewed through the Beta deck. But when I try either Edit to Tape or Print to Tape, the output of the Io is Black. I can view the composite directly out of the Io to a monitor and it switches from bars (bars in the timeline) to black when I start the output. Audio is also non-existent.

I can crash record the deck and get both audio and video, but ETT or PTT does not work.

2- The component out of the AJA looks hot. The S-video from the AJA to the PVW looks fine. Composite looks fine, but component into the deck looks overdriven. See my set-up below.

Thank you in advance.

Here is my set-up:
MBP with FCP 5.1.4
AJA Io via FW400
External G-Drive Q via eSATA
Sony PVW-2800
Horita BSG-50 (out of BSG into Io looped to PVW, terminate switch set on)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: IO Edit to tape or Print to Tape is black
on Jun 9, 2008 at 5:38:34 pm

[JumpCut Ed] "I can crash record the deck and get both audio and video, but ETT or PTT does not work. "

Reset your easy setup and try again.

As far as Component output being hot, are you sure the signal is terminated?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

JumpCut Ed
Re: IO Edit to tape or Print to Tape is black
on Jun 9, 2008 at 5:59:16 pm

Jeremy,

Thank you, changing my Easy Setup to a different setting and then back made EVERYTHING happy. I had already trashed my User Settings, I thought I had looked at the Easy Setup, but making a change did the trick. Now life is good. I can Edit to Tape, AND the component output is solid. Thank you.

Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]