I'm a new AJA user experiencing problems editing to tape using the AJA IO HD and FCP.
It's almost doing it but the problems I'm getting are...
- It's losing frames...for example on a twenty three minute programme it reducing the duration by about 12 frames
- It's not starting at the right timecode, it's early by a couple of frames
- Sometimes, it's not a clean first frame, it's mixed it with what was on the tape already
- The audio is dropping out mid way
- It's not possible to capture anything back in that was edited to tape, it crashes out because of timecode breaks
Below are the details of my set-up...
Mac Pro 2.8 GHZ
4 GB RAM
AJA IO HD
2 TB GSpeed Raid 0 and Sata card
Sony DVW M2000P - digi betacam VTR
I'm connecting to the VTR via SDI and RS422.
The system works fine if I just want to print to tape rather than edit.
I want to be able to edit to digi-beta 720p projects using real time down conversion.
To check that the down conversion isn't causing the problem I've tried native SD projects and also very short projects only a minute long to see if length of project is causing the issue, but same results.
As I say I'm a new user and may be missing somehitng obvious. Any help would be much appreciated.