FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO 50 via SDI Reduce Import Audio Channels

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Griswold
DVCPRO 50 via SDI Reduce Import Audio Channels
on May 9, 2008 at 11:44:46 am

I am importing from a AJ-D95DC Panasonic Deck using SDI through the Aja ioHD to FCP. I have really only used channels 1 and 2 on the recording, but the capture preset (even when I try to edit it) forces me to capture Channels 1-8. When I drag one of these clips to the timeline I have to render the audio. Is there a work around or workflow change that will overcome this?
There are three settings for the project Stereo, Mono and Surround-- none of these seems to effect this issue. What I really want is a mono mixdown for my final edit that will have music and some Nat Sound.

Also, and I think unrelated, the DVCPRO 50 format is 48kHz at 16 bits, not 24. Using either 16 or 24 bits I still have the red bar when I drag in a clip. Right now I have the audio capture set for 16bits since that would seem to be the native DVCPRO 50 bits.

The render does not take that long, but I want to sort this out-- you hate to see a render bar at the get-go.

Thank you,
George

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana

Return to posts index

George Griswold
Re: DVCPRO 50 via SDI Reduce Import Audio Channels
on May 9, 2008 at 12:59:30 pm

Progress through some trial and error. In the capture dialog there are the green "loudspeaker" icons that select which channels to capture-- selected Ch 1 and 2 only. Made new project with 24 bit for capture, sequence etc-- now there is no red bar when I drag a test clip.

I still don't know, but suspect that the ioHD converts to 24 bit since all the presets have 24 bit as the default. Must have been the 8 channels having to render down to my stereo output selection?
The real comfort with FCP and the Aja ioHD is that I know that there is a way to do almost anything-- I just have to explore to find the answer.

Crisis averted!
George

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana

Return to posts index

David Perry
Re: DVCPRO 50 via SDI Reduce Import Audio Channels
on May 11, 2008 at 11:34:33 am

I have dealt with this issues many times and I find the easiest way is just lock down the video track and channel 1 and 2 and delete the others. The red bar goes away for good.

David Perry
Carmen Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]