FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO 50 16X9

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Griswold
DVCPRO 50 16X9
on May 3, 2008 at 11:51:30 am

Hello IoHD users,

I am just getting started with a MacPro with Aja ioHD setup. I have tried some quick setups to capture via SDI from a Panasonic D95 DVCPRO 25/ 50 deck some footage shot 16X9. It looks like I am missing something, but do I need to copy a quick setup and then check the 16X9 box in the new one?

What would be really helpful is if someone cold describe the best workflow for capturing DVCPRO 50-- maintaining quality at the best resolution to conserve storage. I have enough storage for now and can usually delete files in short order, but if things stack up I want to know that I have not wasted space. Any capture configuration suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you,
George Griswold

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana

Return to posts index

George Griswold
Re: DVCPRO 50 16X9
on May 3, 2008 at 7:52:04 pm

While I am asking-- I read in another post that never really came to any conclusions that for some reason Color does not support the DVCPRO 50 codec. This should influence my choice of capture file type if anyone wants to weigh in on this issue I would be curious....

Thanks again,
George

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 4, 2008 at 6:48:36 pm

[George Griswold] "This should influence my choice of capture file type if anyone wants to weigh in on this issue I would be curious.... "

Use ProRes or 10bit Uncompressed.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 4, 2008 at 5:56:27 pm

The nice thing about SD 16:9 anamorphic is this is one setting that can be set after you capture (or imported into FCP) All that is happening is it changing the shape (aspect ratio) of the pixels, 4:3 and 16:9 are still 720x480. So yes to make it easier you just copy the Easy Setup and check the anamorphic box. If you forgot to do this all you have to do is click the anamorphic column in FCP's bin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]