FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound sync

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jose pantin
Sound sync
on Apr 28, 2008 at 12:46:35 am

When I print to video sound is displaced by one frame. How can I correct this? I've tried with "playback offset" in the Device Control Preset menu of the Audio Video Settings and with the "frame offset" of the Playback Control in the System Settings menu to no avail.

Many thanks to whoever can can help me.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Sound sync
on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:05:29 am

What format are you coming from and what format are you going to?

You can select all your audio and knock it out of timeline sync by a frame.

Return to posts index

jose pantin
on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:45:12 pm

Many thanks Jeremy,

I must confess that your solution is not very elegant but it does the job.

My setup is an aja SD io connected, for video, via component and for audio, via a mixer, to a DVcam VCR (Sony 45). Cables are of different lengths. The io is fire wired to the G5.

Until I find a better way, I'll do as you say.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:49:53 pm

[jose pantin] "I must confess that your solution is not very elegant but it does the job. "

:( Sorry I couldn't pretty it up for you.

Has the footage captured one frame off or is it only on playback?

Return to posts index

jose pantin
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:41:28 pm

Thanks Jeremy,

If you try to understand everything in this business, you might end up not doing what you got into it for in the first place. So the best solution is the first one...

In capturing there seems to be no problem, as I wrote to Ken up above, it's in printing to video.

All the best,

Return to posts index

jose pantin
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:44:06 pm

Thanks Jeremy,

If you try to understand everything in this business, you might end up not doing what you got into it for in the first place. So the best solution is the first one... :)

In capturing there seems to be no problem, as I wrote to Ken up above, it's in printing to video.

All the best,

Return to posts index

Ken Botelho
on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:38:54 am

[jose pantin] "When I print to video sound is displaced by one frame. How can I correct this? I've tried with "playback offset" in the Device Control Preset menu of the Audio Video Settings and with the "frame offset" of the Playback Control in the System Settings menu to no avail.

Many thanks to whoever can can help me.
"

I too suffer from chronic audio lag for both capture and playback with the ioHD, a dirty workaround but to ensure proper playback, make sure your AJA is not set as either an input or output devices for system (OS X) audio, check something else instead in the preferences like a line-out device....secondly make sure your both audio and video is originating from the AJA to the deck, preferably SDI embedded audio/video is my choice. Next thing before output, check to refresh A/V devices in FC and set the AJA to freerun genlock in the AJA control panel, Mix-down the audio and render the timeline to ensure no dropped frames should occur and then let er rip. Hopefully this issue can be resolved in the next software release. Let me know if this helps. If not.... back to the drawing board

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:21:08 am

Ken, can you explain your setup a bit more?

What do you mean by chronic?

Return to posts index

Sacha France
on Apr 28, 2008 at 11:21:05 am

The problem is known by AJA.
The iohd is made to work in HD, and the downconversion to SD make 1sec of delay for the video (not for audio).
Aja will normally make a driver update for this ....

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:37:01 pm

1 second or one frame?

Return to posts index

jose pantin
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:51:36 pm

Hi Sacha,

Is it the same for SD io?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2008 at 3:19:32 pm

[jose pantin] "Is it the same for SD io? "

No. Sacha is talking about down-converting with the ioHD.

Return to posts index

Sacha France
on Apr 28, 2008 at 4:00:55 pm

No problem with the AJA IO SD (LD model). And no problem for ingest with IOHD (in SD SDI mode)

Return to posts index

jose pantin
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:11:30 pm

Many thanks Ken,

I have to say that I had to read you message several times to be able to grasp it.

As I wrote to Jeremy, my setup is an aja SD io connected, for video, via component and for audio, via a mixer, to a DVcam VCR (Sony 45). Cables are of different lengths. The io is fire wired to the G5.

I stay all the time in DVcam and I use it just as if it's Betacam SP and it works just fine.

I've tried to take a couple of frames in the Capture Offset, of the Device Control Preset, in the Audio Video Settings Menu but, all it does is to add or take a couple of frames on the counter but image and sound stay in quite good sync, just the same.

All this it's in terms of capturing.

Is when printing to video (because I've never been able to do any Edit to Video Too dumb!) when the displacement takes place. It's just one frame (delay). But, since I know of it I seem to notice it.

Must grateful

Return to posts index

Sacha France
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:43:16 pm

1 frame sorry, no 1 sec .....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]