FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing components

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Nikitin
Missing components
on Apr 27, 2008 at 8:35:24 pm

Hi!
Got a question for you guys, maybe someone will know what's going on...
I've got an AJA Io HD; and I'm running FCS 2 on a Mac Book Pro. I'm trying to render a ProRes HQ-encoded file, using Aja, from a sequence in Final Cut, and I get the error message: "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card".
I go into Aja control panel, and sure enough: AppleProRes422 component is listed as missing (as well as AppleHDV codec.) So I opt for a fool-proof solution: reinstalling FCP. I reinstall FCP, reinstall Aja drivers afterwards... nothing changed, same codecs missing, same error message.
I know for a fact that I was able to render ProRes files from FCP before I got the Aja. Now, I can't render not only Aja ProRes, but standalone ProRes, either.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
- Michael

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Missing components
on Apr 27, 2008 at 10:01:01 pm

That's weird. ProRes should be installed with FCP. it has nothing to do with AJA.

Look in your Harddrive > Library > Quicktime folder.

Do you see AppleProRes422.component in there?

If not, you need to delete and reinstall FCP.

Return to posts index

Michael Nikitin
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:21:33 am

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the advice. You're right, the issue was somewhere in that Harddrive->Library->Quicktime folder. The codecs were there, but, my guess is, they got corrupted somehow (how - I do not know.) After deleting the codecs from Library->Quicktime AND reinstalling FCP one more time, I got them to work. I also upgraded Quicktime to 7.4.5. Hopefully, that won't cause issues with After Effects now. :-)

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:30:05 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "hat's weird. ProRes should be installed with FCP. it has nothing to do with AJA. "

Note that if you installed FCS and did not upgrade to the level that you were PRIOR to the reinstall you can get this type of error-

Jeremy is correct - the AJA drivers have nothing to do with you being able to use ProRes.

Question which laptop, OS version and how much RAM ?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Michael Nikitin
on Apr 28, 2008 at 7:23:31 pm

Hi Gary,

Yes, the issue had nothing to do with the Aja, as I know understand... at least, not directly. It was the corruption of Quicktime codecs. What caused them to go cuckoo is beyond me. But, at any rate, everything is alright now.

I'm using a 2.4 Ghz Intel core 2 duo with a 10.4.11 and 2 gigs of RAM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]