FORUMS: list search recent posts

Controlling a deck without RS 422 with the IO HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Mendes
Controlling a deck without RS 422 with the IO HD
on Apr 23, 2008 at 10:23:16 am

Hello!

First post here,couldn't find any articles related....i'm really interested in buying the IO HD to use it with my laptop on the road but i'm not sure how am i going to control my camera or the tape deck since none of the them have RS 422 for control and,since i never used any kind of capture cards and only had firewire controlled equipment,and i'm aware that the IO HD uses all the FW bus,can i still use the regular FW 400 connection to control the camera or deck(Sony GV-HD700) without affecting the capture with the IO?
Thanks in advance.
Gustavo.

Always learning....

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Controlling a deck without RS 422 with the IO HD
on Apr 23, 2008 at 1:32:04 pm

[Gustavo Mendes] "can i still use the regular FW 400 connection to control the camera or deck(Sony GV-HD700) without affecting the capture with the IO?"

NO.

you will need to add a FW card to EVERY computer if you want/ need to use the IoHD with FW storage.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Gustavo Mendes
on Apr 23, 2008 at 4:45:48 pm

I know i cannot use it for external drives,but that's the thing,i'm using a ESATA card for my external capture drive, i just want to know if a can use the firewire 400 to control the deck or camera,nothing else,or i will have to do "capture now" instead of "batch capture",making it not very useful if i need the timecode for recapturing.
Thanks.

Always learning....

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 23, 2008 at 7:27:12 pm

What deck do you have?

Return to posts index

Gustavo Mendes
on Apr 24, 2008 at 1:44:36 am

Sony GV-HD700...it's a small deck (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/516841-REG/Sony_GVHD700_GV_HD700_HDV_... ) that can be only controlled by firewire.

Always learning....

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:06:52 am

If it has a lanc connection on it, you can convert your lanc to rs422 via an addenda converter.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gustavo Mendes
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:16:16 am

It doesn't.....any sugestions for a good,reasonably priced deck for hdv that has RS 422?Seems to be the easiest solution...

Always learning....

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:31:11 am

I think sony makes a deck or two with rs422 and I think convergent designs makes a box that will convert hdv to rs422 and hdsdi. Cheaper than a new deck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]