FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Render

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
DVD Render
on Mar 19, 2008 at 2:40:48 pm

I am under a tight deadline that I don't think I'll make but I had an idea. My colorist is almost finished with my projects. First of all, the renders from color are taking a long time. If he deletes the audio, will that make the color render faster, first question? Then when I add my transitions and lower thirds, I need to render my final movie. I'm in pro res hq. Will capturing a down convert from my IOHD give me the same quality as by compressing right from pro res hq to dvd? I'm thinking of saving the render time by down converting in real time and then bring into DVD SP.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: DVD Render
on Mar 19, 2008 at 3:07:46 pm

By the time you layoff and recapture to SD then encode in SD, your HD to SD DVD render will be done. What frame rate are you working in and how long is your program?

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Mar 19, 2008 at 3:20:50 pm

Thanks Jeremy for your response.

Pro Res HQ 1080i60. My problem is I am on a MBP and my colorist is using his G5 to grade and sent me an email and said a 7 minute sequence took almost 2 hours to render his color file. Does deleting audio help with a color render? I have 8 files, 3 1 hour long, one 2 hours long and 4 20-30 minutes.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 19, 2008 at 3:36:56 pm

Hey Jeff, 1080i60, yeah settle in for some render time.

Not sure about audio, there's a Color forum here on the cow that might help you out with that. My intuition says that I doubt that it will help with render time. Does color even render audio?

[Jeff Mack] "I have 8 files, 3 1 hour long, one 2 hours long and 4 20-30 minutes. "

Okay, so that's 7 hours of material, give or take. That's going to take a long time to render even in SD. If you lay off and recapture to SD, that's 14 hours of downtime right there, then you have to encode the 7 hours of SD footage. Might as well just get your MBP cranking on the HD to SD MPEG2 encode and skip the 14 hour layoff and recap process. Make sense?

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Mar 19, 2008 at 4:05:15 pm

Yeah it does. I think I'll rent a MP to help

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 19, 2008 at 4:22:47 pm

8 cores make short work of MPEG2 encoding. Still with 7 hours of material, it's going to take time.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]