FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Capture from IO HD?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin Crane
Live Capture from IO HD?
on Mar 13, 2008 at 2:30:41 am

Anybody doing a live capture with the IO HD in ProRes HQ? We are thinking of capturing a 7 camera shoot with 7 IO HDs for 3 hours at a time and was wondering if anyone has had success with doing a live capture with the IO HD and if they are using the TC inputs?

Thanks
Devin Crane
FLC Productions.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Live Capture from IO HD?
on Mar 13, 2008 at 3:47:51 am

Oh yes. It's hard going back to anything else.

Haven't captured 3 hours at a time before, but I have captured a couple of shoots now and the results are fantastic. I have used both RP188 and LTC for capture and what you use depends on your camera.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Perry
on Mar 14, 2008 at 11:43:35 am

Helllo,

I have been capturing 4 cameras through a HD switcher for 2 hour shows. If you are in HQ make sure you have a big raid. I had a capture problem with only a 2 drive raid in HQ

David Perry
Carmen Productions

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Mar 14, 2008 at 6:43:23 pm

Thanks for the reply we are building an HD system and might go this route. After doing some research I found the EVS XT2 now supports ProRes 422. So we might go that route we'll see.

Thanks again
Devin Crane
FLC Productions

Return to posts index

Sacha France
on Mar 14, 2008 at 9:59:30 pm

Just be careful for the timecode, because FCP only understand timecode in the remote. For external TC use VTR XCHANGE ...

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
on Mar 17, 2008 at 1:27:48 am

Jeremy,
What is your current setup to be able to capture live HD (ProRes)?
What's your current camera setup?
When using the RP188 does that pull out 24p?
Thanks in advance.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Mar 17, 2008 at 3:05:17 am

We're currently shooting a 4 camera SD through triax into basestations and recording to IMX tape and XDcams for ISOs. We are looking to upgrade to HD in the next year or so and are looking at our recording options. After our shoot we re-cut our projects in multicam, so it will be nice to have everything file based on Hard Drives.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 17, 2008 at 12:56:41 pm

[Johnny Clark] "What is your current setup to be able to capture live HD (ProRes)?"

Laptop or desktop- ioHD connected over FW - Storage over esata on laptop, SAS on desktop.

"What's your current camera setup? "

I have captured from Viper, F900 Varicam, HDX900, HVX200, EX1 Pdw730, Pdw350 into my ioHD - so most of the bases are covered.

"When using the RP188 does that pull out 24p?"

No- the software setting does that when working with Varicam or 720p EX material. The IoHD does not currently extract the standard 3:2 pulldown from 1080i sources.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 17, 2008 at 3:04:11 pm

[Johnny Clark] "What is your current setup to be able to capture live HD (ProRes)? "

I have a MBP core 2 duo 2.33 w/3Gigs of RAM.

I have a two drive SATA array that is connected to a Sonnet Express/34 card. I have also been testing the Sonnet f2 which is totally cool for portability.

[Johnny Clark] "What's your current camera setup? "

It depends on the shoot, but I have captured from a HVX200, HPX500, HPX2000, Varicam, HPX3000.

[Johnny Clark] "When using the RP188 does that pull out 24p? "

When using 720p Panasonic cameras equipped with HD-SDI, yes. The HPX3000 spits out 1080psf23.98 so no pulldown removal needed. WIth an HVX200 you are recording 720p59.94 or 1080i29.97, no ifs, ands or buts.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

johnny clark
on Mar 17, 2008 at 5:13:33 pm

Thanks for the helpful reply's.
Now that you've captured straight into ProRes could you ever go back??
Is it 'that; good?

Johnny C

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 17, 2008 at 5:39:40 pm

It's hard to go back for me. Especially green screen. Capturing from camera before hitting any in cam compression is awesome.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]