FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja io vs io HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Nadal
aja io vs io HD
on Mar 7, 2008 at 12:51:10 am

Hello, I have a reduced budget, and I see that AJA io and aja io HD are more similar. HD have a prores422 compression but with io model I think that I will capture with normal resolution of my panasonic ( DVCPRO HD ) and compress with FInal cut pro 6. Is it correct? The quality of compression is the same of ioHD ? for reduced price do you recomment IO version or ioHD has more quality ad da and options ? Thanks and greetings

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: aja io vs io HD
on Mar 7, 2008 at 1:11:35 am

The io is SD only. The ioHD is SD and HD. If you are doing HD work, you will need the ioHD.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Dave Nadal
on Mar 7, 2008 at 9:47:17 am

Hello Jeremy, I work with SD and HD, but I thought that aja io work with HD too. THis is the model that I refer

http://www.aja.com/html/products_Io_Io.html

DOn't support hd?

Return to posts index

Dave Nadal
on Mar 7, 2008 at 1:00:39 pm

I speak with a shop that sell Aja IO and we say that AJA IO works ok with dvcpro HD. We said that I will capture by my port firewire of my macbook pro or by adap. of P2 pciex. pcmcia. But If I like capture by SDI port of aja It will support perfectly dvcpro HD and I will see by components the result of edit HD in external monitor, etc.

Now I don't know witch has the true, the user that say that this card not support HD or shop that says supports ok.

Please Can you help me?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 7, 2008 at 1:41:21 pm

Hey Dave. I will help you.

I know for a definitive fact that the io is SD only. the ioHD is HD and SD. There are no work arounds. There are no shortcuts. If you are working with HD, you need the ioHD.

If you look on this page: http://www.aja.com/html/products_Io.html

You will notice that in the io specs, it does not say HD anything. If you look in the specs of the ioHD, it mentions HD video everywhere.

My advice is to get the ioHD for all of your HD work.

If you still don't believe me, you can email sales@aja.com or support@aja.com. They will gladly help you out.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 7, 2008 at 6:25:13 pm

[Dave Nadal] "I speak with a shop that sell Aja IO and we say that AJA IO works ok with dvcpro HD."

Sorry Dave, they do not know or they are making a guess, too bad it is incorrect.

The original Io product line from AJA are not any way HD compatible, and even if your ioLA could, it is never a good Idea to monitor / color grade / conform your HD project in SD only-

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Ron Amborn
on Mar 11, 2008 at 5:23:29 am

Dave, Please contact me offline via email (ron@maxxdigital.com) and I can have one of my techs go over this with you by phone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]