FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVC ProHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dessel
DVC ProHD
on Mar 6, 2008 at 4:15:04 am

Hey,

I've got five 1 hour long projects that I'm about to start cutting. Each was shot on the HVX200 on P2. I'm considering getting the ioHD for these jobs. I'm wondering how well it will handle the DVCPRO HD material that's been imported directly from hard drives. (Bypassing the ProRes hardware.) These projects will be broadcast in HD. I guess my basic question is; is the ioHD the right device for hundreds of hours of DVCPRO HD?

Thanks to all the ioHD users out there who can chime in.

-Dave Dessel

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: DVC ProHD
on Mar 6, 2008 at 4:50:35 pm

Your DVCPro HD will get transcoded to ProRes in software before being sent to the ioHD for output.

What kind of computer do you have?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Dessel
on Mar 6, 2008 at 4:55:31 pm

I have a Mac Book Pro Intel 2.4 Dual Core, and I'm planning on getting a new Tower for this project.

-Dave Dessel

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 6, 2008 at 5:04:54 pm

The MBP might have some trouble transcoding on the fly, but the desktop will be up to the challenge. What format? 720p24?

Return to posts index

David Dessel
on Mar 6, 2008 at 7:47:52 pm

Format: 24PN

Thanks for the info.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 6, 2008 at 9:43:16 pm

An MBP will be able to push out 720p24 to ProRes.

Return to posts index

johnny clark
on Mar 10, 2008 at 2:08:13 am

Am I understanding this right that you just want to convert the DVCProHD to ProRes and then edit? If so why not just use MPEG Streamclip and convert you hundreds of hours, already on the computer, from DVCProHD to ProRes. Why would you need the IOHD for this? Seems like a lot of money just for ProRes already captured as DVCProHD.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]