FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lagging behind...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Gardam
Lagging behind...
on Feb 27, 2008 at 2:43:17 pm

Getting quite alot of lag (audio in front of picts) when my playhead passes over any unlimited fx(orange) that need rendering in the timeline. With the kona LHE it drops frames/dynamic frame etc but stays in sync, my ioHD has problems and lags behing.If I stop and play, it catches up. Am I missing something?
It shouldn't go out of sync surely.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Lagging behind...
on Feb 28, 2008 at 12:26:52 am

FCP System Settings > Playback Control > uncheck SCRUB HIGH QUALITY.

Does this solve your problem with the I/O HD ?????
Please reply after testing.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Kevin Gardam
on Feb 28, 2008 at 6:53:36 pm

Cheers Bob,
On first appearances it may have sorted the issue but would like to do further testing as have not put it thro' its paces.
Appreciate you coming back so swiftly.
Kev

Return to posts index

Tim Kirby
on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:54:20 pm

Doing this certainly hasn't sorted this problem out for me - having persistent sync probs with IO HD, with projects ranging from PAL DV through PAL ProRes HD/SD and NTSC DVCPRO HD. By the by, AJA TV doesn't work properly either, picture out is diabolical, and app crashes with Windows-esque regularity.

Have installed firmware update and latest AJA control panel software as well, to no avail.

Bit of an expensive problem for me - had this box just under 3 months now and it's already cost me about 7 days work trouble shooting and head scratching... not cool at all when it's a client attended. My fault for buying a bleeding edge product I guess?

MacPro
2x Intel Quad 3ghz
8 Meg Ram
FCS2

Return to posts index

Tim Kirby
on Apr 9, 2008 at 5:46:15 pm

It's now early April, and I'm much happier with my IO HD - I stoppped blaming it for everything wrong and started treating my system with a little more respect. Most problems I was having was down to starting up IOHD after Mac/FCP - it's RTFM stuff of course. Have the odd problem with sync, but nothing I can't handle.

Captured and edited spome TVC's this week, uncompressed 10 bit SD - client attended and the sytem purred throughout.

I like it.

-----------------------------
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

George Griswold
on Apr 15, 2008 at 4:49:53 pm

Tim-

So the lesson here is to turn on the ioHD before or after the FCP application? Just want to be sure. Any other tips for minimizing out of sync issues are welcome. This seems to be a recurring topic- many with different solutions.
Thank you,
George

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana

Return to posts index

Tim Kirby
on Apr 15, 2008 at 5:10:23 pm

These days I always make sure the Io HD is powered up before I even boot up the Mac, let alone start up FCP. I also power it down last.

This really has made a big difference to the stability of my set up, as well as the more obvious stuff like making sure that project/sequence settings match the IO etc. I also have the high quality audio scrubbing unchecked as advised by Bob.

In late Feb/Early March I really was quite despondent about the box - but it's been doing me proud lately.

-----------------------------
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]