FORUMS: list search recent posts

Io HD + G5

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Alexander
Io HD + G5
on Feb 13, 2008 at 8:46:29 pm

Hi I've done a search but haven't found a definitive answer. I'd like to know whether Io HD will work with a G5 dual 2Ghz machine? I've got an HD job coming up for NatGeo and it appears that they require a minimum compression spec of prores 220. It's going to be shot on HDcam So if the Io does all the encoding and decoding the G5 should be fine shouldn't it? It's stuffed with RAM and SCSI storage and I'd like it to live on a bit longer.

However if in the real world if it's going to be deadly slow then I might have to reconsider. Is anybody out there working like this?

Cheers,

rob

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Io HD + G5
on Feb 13, 2008 at 9:22:44 pm

NOt for HD, sorry. In order to capture HD ProRes(HQ) (that's the 220) you need a Quad G5 or above. Preferably a MacPro or MacBook Pro.

From AJA.com:

Minimum Io HD System Requirements Hardware

• MacPro 2.66GHz “4 core” (MA356LL/A) or 2.0GHz or 3.0GHz “build-to-order”, 2GB or more system RAM
• MacPro 2.66Ghz “8 core” (MA356LL/A) or 2.0GHz or 3.0GHz “build-to-order”, 2GB or more system RAM
• MacBook Pro (2.33GHz Core 2 Duo minimum), 2GB or more of system RAM, ExpressCard/34 FireWire 800 card or ExpressCard/34 Sata Controller
• Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5GHz (M9592LL/A), 2GB or more system RAM

From Apple:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305582

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]