FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 AND AJAIOHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drazen stader
EX1 AND AJAIOHD
on Feb 13, 2008 at 12:41:13 am

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has an sony ex1 and I am expecting and AJA IOHD...so I was wandering what possiblities does this leathal combo offer...

1. bypassing hdcam mp4 4:2:0 by capturing via HD-SDI hooked into AJA IOHD and getting 4:2:2 10 bit pro res format....should be a good solid basis for green screen work,,,

2.if an SD copy is needed on the fast track...capturing through component and doing on the fly downconversion with AJA IO-HD...capturing sound through av cables....does this make sense at all?

any other of how these two products could benefit from each other....

Thanks for the input

drazen

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: EX1 AND AJAIOHD
on Feb 13, 2008 at 1:04:28 am

[drazen stader] "1. bypassing hdcam mp4 4:2:0 by capturing via HD-SDI hooked into AJA IOHD and getting 4:2:2 10 bit pro res format....should be a good solid basis for green screen work,,"

no problem, the 720p footage I did as a demo for Sony on the Ex was done this way.

"2.if an SD copy is needed on the fast track...capturing through component and doing on the fly downconversion with AJA IO-HD...capturing sound through av cables....does this make sense at all? "

That is possible = the camera does downconversion via component if needed also.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
Re: EX1 AND AJAIOHD
on Feb 13, 2008 at 3:34:28 pm

I believe the EX1 will do a downconvert as well, so it might be worth a comaprison between the camera doing the conversion or the IoHD

Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]