FORUMS: list search recent posts

no video using hd-connect le to go from Sony HVR-10U to IO HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh davidow
no video using hd-connect le to go from Sony HVR-10U to IO HD
on Feb 11, 2008 at 10:37:13 pm

hi everybody,

i cannot seem to get a video out from my io hd which is receiving HDV 1080i 29.97 via firewire through a convergent design hd-connect le card.

the hd-connect le box has been updated on the macbook pro 2.33ghz with 3gb ram and i have the ability to control the deck via the rs-422 cable out of the hd-connect le and into the io hd.

However, NO PICTURE. Cannot see video on laptop screen or on monitor with hdmi out of the io hd.

Any ideas would be so very appreciated. I have looked low and high for any info on the net and have found zip.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: no video using hd-connect le to go from Sony HVR-10U to IO HD
on Feb 11, 2008 at 10:51:01 pm

Hye Joush, your post is confusing. Are you going out or coming in to the ioHD?

[josh davidow] "i cannot seem to get a video out from my io hd which is receiving HDV 1080i 29.97 via firewire through a convergent design hd-connect le card. "

[josh davidow] "the hd-connect le box has been updated on the macbook pro 2.33ghz with 3gb ram and i have the ability to control the deck via the rs-422 cable out of the hd-connect le and into the io hd. "

What deck do you have?

Return to posts index

josh Davidow
on Feb 11, 2008 at 11:42:32 pm

hi jeremy,

i am going from a 1080i 29.97 Sony HDV tape playing in my Sony HVR-M10 via firewire to the HD-Connect LE box from Convergent-Design and out of that box as HD/SD-SDI to the SDI in of the io-hd.

The HD-Connect LE controls the deck inside final cut pro by converting firewire control to RS422 so I know they're speaking to each other.

But when I hit play, I only get green flashes or blips on the hdmi out signal from the io-hd to my monitor.

does that help ya?

thanks,
Josh

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 12, 2008 at 3:53:48 am

it sure helps me. I bet you can't get ANYTHING from your I/O HD HDMI output to your monitor. Forget the HVR-M10U and the Convergent Design for now.

In the AJA Control Panel, go to the CONTROL tab, and select TEST PATTERNS, and bring up COLOR BARS - do you see a picture on your TV (I bet you don't).

NOW, since this isn't working (I am guessing), take the analog component signal out of the I/O HD and stick it into the analog component input of your TV monitor - do you see color bars now ? I bet you do. (And if you are using a computer monitor with an HDMI input, I am not going to continue to help you).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

josh davidow
on Feb 20, 2008 at 7:09:31 pm

hello all,

thanks for all your help so far. sorry for the delay in my response as life has been crazy outside the editing room.

as for my problem, it still persists. I have done as you instructed, Bob. I'm happy to report that I can see black, test pattern and input passthrough on my monitor; However, the problem is that I cannot see the HDV video coming into the IO HD via the HD Connect LE.

When I use the AJA VTR Exchange app, I am able to control the deck but I am unable to see or hear the video/audio coming out of my Sony HVR 10U via the HD Connect LE.

I am about to call Convergent Design for help but I am trying to avoid the hold music at all costs.

any additional info or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Josh

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 12, 2008 at 4:14:28 am

[josh Davidow] "does that help ya? "

Yeah, getting closer.

Question one, what kind of monitor?

Question 2: What kind of computer?

Question 3: What kind of drives do you have?

This is kind of dependent on the other questions but we'll go ahead anyway. Quit FCP. OPen the ioHD control panel and choose the control tab and choose input passthrough and make sure the input, frame buffer and output format matches across the board and hit play on your deck. Do you see picture now?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 12, 2008 at 4:21:23 am

Oops, bob beat me to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]