FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IOHD, MBP and digibeta printing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drazen stader
AJA IOHD, MBP and digibeta printing
on Jan 30, 2008 at 11:34:32 am

Hi everyone,

We owe both a macbook 2,44ghz, nvidia, 4gb ram and we have on order a new macpro 2,8ghz octo....

We are upgrading also in terms of I/O cards. My question is...

After all inital hickups, how stable is AJA IOHD used in combo with MBP for printing/dumping to digibeta...

We don't owe a digibeta, but have access to one so we are considering setting a mobile editing MBP/AJAIOHD combo in order to print to digi beta elsewhere....obviously if this combo prooves itself....

6 months ago we bought the matrox mxo which is still not working with MBP nvidia and is total ripoff in terms of mobility and printing via sdi.

Obviously depending on needs we could also use AJAIOHD with the macpro desktop when occasions call to...

Please users of AJA IOHD tell me, how stable and convenient is AJAIOHD at the present moment for digibeta printing capturing when working in combo with MBP and macpro intel...

Thanks best regards

Drazen

drazen

Return to posts index

drazen stader
Re: AJA IOHD, MBP and digibeta printing
on Jan 31, 2008 at 11:09:57 am

Hi everybody..

If anyone has any input to the subject above please contribute...I need to place an order...my dilemma is huge...go with aja io hd...or kona lhe....down the road I will probably buy both...but now I have only enough money to buy one unit....

top priorities are:

1. capture and printing via sdi to beta
2. rock stability
3. professional monitoring

btw...we are still working in mac osx...waiting for leopard to become a bit more reliable...before making the jump...

Best regards

Drazen

drazen

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: AJA IOHD, MBP and digibeta printing
on Feb 4, 2008 at 8:43:33 am

If you only need it for Dbeta why not save some money and get a Io D, should be able to pick one up for around $900. These work great with the MBP to DBeta.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]