FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects RAM-previews (numPad+0) not realtime

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luovia
After Effects RAM-previews (numPad+0) not realtime
on Jan 29, 2008 at 9:21:17 am

Hello, are we only ones with this problem. I dunno if it's a Io problem or else but... (posting to AE forum also).

Since After Effects 7.0, RAM-previews hasn't been realtime anymore. sometimes framerate gets close to 25 fps (like 24,something) but not correct 25 frames/sec (we are working in PAL as you can guess). And we aren't talking about any huge compositions here. If there's like one or few solids animated it might get realtime but add a video track to comp and realtime is gone. AE 6.5 works fine, rock solid realtime 25 fps on same machines. So we have to do half rate RAM preview to see right animation timing witch sucks some times. And the problem is same on both Macs.

Setup is Dual 2GHz G5 macs with 4G RAM, TIger 10.4 OSX, Aja Io and Medea RTX SCSI-drives. After Effects 6.5 work but 7.0 and CS doesn't.

Anyone, help ?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: After Effects RAM-previews (numPad+0) not realtime
on Jan 29, 2008 at 2:39:21 pm

[Luovia] "Setup is Dual 2GHz G5 macs with 4G RAM, TIger 10.4 OSX, Aja Io and Medea RTX SCSI-drives. After Effects 6.5 work but 7.0 and CS doesn't. "

QT 7.4???

that seems to have killed a number of AE functions, even in tiger.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Luovia
on Jan 29, 2008 at 2:48:12 pm

This has been a issue even before QT 7.4 (I upgraded QT before I heard about warnings but already downgraded it to 7.3).

It's been like this from the day one with AE 7.0.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 29, 2008 at 2:57:18 pm

When you RAM preview make sure to hit the forward slash button "/" as that will bring your preview window to 100%.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]