FORUMS: list search recent posts

new IO HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron martinez
new IO HD
on Jan 18, 2008 at 10:07:40 pm

hello, i just installed the aja drivers 1 and 1.1 for my Aja that is fresh out the box. i connected a sdi to the digibeta deck and the sound cables, connected the firewire 800 to my macpro 2,6. and started up FCP 6.0.2. but fr whatever reason my FCP doesnt start when the AJA os turned on...is stops during the loading process. i have gotten the weird grey screen error when you have to restart the mac 2 and once i restarted because the FCP wouldnt force quit...anyway, i dont really know what i should do to get this little guy running properly...if anyone has a tip i would appreciate it...

thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: new IO HD
on Jan 18, 2008 at 10:25:32 pm

You installed both sets of drivers? First uninstall 1.1 and turn off ioHD. Restart. Open up FCP then quit FCP. Turn on ioHD, Reinstall 1.1, restart. Open FCP.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 18, 2008 at 11:39:27 pm

you did not specify what drives you have hooked up to your system. You CANNOT HAVE any firewire drives on your system - just SATA, SCSI or Fibre Channel. A typical Lacie FW800 drive will conflict with the I/O HD.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

aaron martinez
on Jan 19, 2008 at 7:06:38 pm

hello once again. i tried the uninstall and reinstall thing and i still didnt have any luck. i also checked to see if i had any drivers. the only thing i could think of was this keyspann thing i use to connect the USB remote thing with my mojo. could that interfere with the AJA? i ran the aja conflict detector and it came up empty...so im beginning to scratch my head a little...

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 20, 2008 at 12:20:25 am

YES - you cannot run an AVID and a FCP system on the same hard drive. Dealers that want to install this will have TWO PARTITIONS on the hard drive, or better yet, TWO INTERNAL BOOT DRIVES - one for the AVID Mojo system, and one for the FCP system (with I/O HD). The keyspan is on the USB port, and will not interfere with the AJA I/O HD (you own a Keyspan USA-28x Dual Serial Adaptor, correct ? )

To repeat, you can screw around all you want, but you will NEVER get an AVID Mojo and FCP system (with an AJA or Blackmagic product) to work on the same boot drive - NEVER, it's not going to happen. Get another internal hard drive, and use your system preferences to decide which you will boot on (and weather you will run AVID or FCP).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: new IO HD (and another thing !)
on Jan 20, 2008 at 12:22:15 am

The AVID Mojo is a Firewire interface - how the HELL do you expect the I/O HD to run when the AVID mojo is Plugged into the FW400 port ???? And you still didn't answer what drives you have. It's either the MOJO, or the I/O HD - NOT BOTH !
This is even if you follow my advice, and have two boot drives.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

todd reid
Slightly OT followup to this post (sorry to jump in with unrelated stuff)
on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:02:25 pm

Bob-

If I put another firewire 800 controller card in my MacPro, I should be able to use Lacie firewire drives, right?

I'm a couple days into getting my system running properly, WITH a sonnett controller card and a few 800 firewire drives daisy chained. Everything seems to be working ok.

Most of my stuff is on a firmtek Sata, and will be on, newly purchased Lacie Biggest s2s.

Return to posts index

aaron martinez
on Jan 21, 2008 at 8:58:01 pm

im finally getting there, but i always seem to run into little things...i can capture, but cannot seem to get control of the deck from the FCP...are there any common errors i could be making? i would appreciate any help...

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 21, 2008 at 9:47:58 pm

aaron -
you didn't answer my previous questions.
Did you DISCONNECT your AVID MOJO ? Did you DISCONNECT your Keyspan ? Now, if you did this, and are running the I/O HD in the FW800 port, with NO OTHER FIREWIRE DEVICES, you go into the EASY SETUPS, and choose an AJA easy setup (like Betacam 8 bit uncompressed, or one of countless choices), and you should have VTR control thru the AJA I/O HD. If you continue to say "well, I'm going to try to get this thing to work with all this other hardware connected at the same time"- then I cannot help you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]