FORUMS: list search recent posts

Silent Running

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Forrest Burger
Silent Running
on Jan 17, 2008 at 3:51:31 am

Does the io HD run fairly quietly if you're sitting close to it when you're editing?

Forrest

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Silent Running
on Jan 17, 2008 at 2:46:22 pm

What else do you have in your room? There's a fan on it, but it's not loud. If your room is silent, you might her a bit of a whir, nothing louder than a computer or no where close raid array fan.

I have shot with it in the same room (doing live captures) and there was no hinderance, if that's any real world example for you.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Forrest Burger
on Jan 17, 2008 at 3:20:31 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I have a Mac Pro Quad, Sonnet Fusion 500p raid array and a couple of HDV decks on a rack close by me. I also have a BMD Multibridge Pro 2. The fan on that can be a bit loud when its been on for awhile, hence the inquiry. I had an io HD on order when they were impossible to find, but a project surfaced where I needed to act quickly, so I bought the MBP 2 and cancelled the order for the io HD.

The MBP 2 has performed well, but in my small home based office it can be a bit annoying. My email reply from BMD tech support says the fans can be a little loud and suggested an external fan to blow across the back of the MBP 2. So first step is to find a whisper quiet fan to see if that helps.

I may also rearrange my office to put the rack across the room, or find an office space outside of the house where I can create a machine room. Business has been good lately and I've been considering the move anyway.

Forrest

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 17, 2008 at 7:24:20 pm

It will not add any considerable noise to all of that gear.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Forrest Burger
on Jan 18, 2008 at 3:08:10 am

Thanks, Jeremy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]