FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video freeze problem w/ ingest

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Arnold
Video freeze problem w/ ingest
on Jan 14, 2008 at 9:43:00 pm

I have been experiencing an issue for awhile where I am ingesting into FCP w/ Beta SP or composite video. What happens is after I ingest all my audio is thrown off. I look back in the clip and find that my video froze for a second or two and then kicked back in. But my audio stays consistent and therefore all my audio goes out of sync.

Now I know the problem is not on the tape because it happens with multiple tapes and my tapes are fine. I think the problem might be between my AJA Io and my FCP programs (I use AJA to ingest Beta SP or Composite). Does anyone have any ideas for me. I have to go back and ingest all my footage to resolve the issue and sometimes it takes two or three times to do so, needless to say it is pretty annoying.

Thanks for you help,
Nick

Mac G5 Dual-Core Intel Xeon 3GHz
Final Cut Studio 1
MacOSX

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Video freeze problem w/ ingest
on Jan 15, 2008 at 12:46:00 am

[Nick Arnold] "after I ingest all my audio is thrown off. I look back in the clip and find that my video froze for a second or two and then kicked back in. But my audio stays consistent and therefore all my audio goes out of sync. "

sounds like your storage is not fast enough.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Nick Arnold
on Jan 16, 2008 at 5:17:17 pm

Thanks for the tip. I just dumped a bunch of video off of my Raid and I'm ingesting a bunch of footage today so I'll let you know if that is the problem. Regards, Nick

Final Cut Studio 1
MacOSX

Return to posts index

Nick Arnold
on Jan 16, 2008 at 7:52:15 pm

Clearing out the storage drive seems to have solved my problem for now. I have ingested an hours worth of footage and haven't experienced any problems. Thanks for you help.

Final Cut Studio 1
MacOSX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]