FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IoHA HDMI ingest problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Dertinger
AJA IoHA HDMI ingest problems
on Jan 9, 2008 at 6:48:25 pm

I've been trying to ingest HDV 720p30 through the AJA ioHD with a JVC BR-HD50 deck. I already know this won't better the look of the footage, I'm just looking for workflow options, and file size is no concern. The footage is recorded with JVC HD250's at 720p30. I then create a AJA IoHD 720p 59.94 Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) project with easy setup. With the HDMI going out of the deck into the AJA, I'm able to see scrambled footage in my capture window. It will flash a frame of the footage here or there, but its mostly green and blue noise. Is this a timing issue or a setting I need to alter somewhere? I do want to add that I was able to capture the same footage no problem via component connections. This was my last resort before calling AJA, I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: AJA IoHA HDMI ingest problems
on Jan 10, 2008 at 1:05:36 am

have you simply tried to put the analog HD signal from the JVC BR-HD50U into the AJA I/O HD analog component inputs (do this test with the AJA Control Panel only, not with FCP).
Select the 720p format in the FORMAT TAB. Does this work or not ? If it does work, then test the HDMI again, only using the AJA Control Panel (not final cut pro).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jordan Dertinger
on Jan 10, 2008 at 1:16:01 am

yes, just tried exactly what you said with the same problem. I've already had success capturing via the component out of the deck to component in on the AJA. Should I be worrying about quality loss using the component rather than the hdmi? Because when the hdmi is attached, the short blips of video I do see look better and less grainy than the component feed.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 10, 2008 at 3:48:57 am

I don't know anyone using the HDMI port on the I/O HD, so I am ignorant here. If the I/O HD is working (it seems like it is), and you can't get the HDMI port working on the I/O HD, I would call AJA tech support. Again, I have NO EXPERIENCE with the HDMI port, but this is the second time I have heard of the I/O HD working perfectly except for the HDMI port. (You sure your HDMI cable is good ?).

Because the I/O HD is a new product, I don't have the experience to answer you, but countless people use the JVC BR-HD50U VTR, and take the analog HD out, and go into Kona LHe and Kona 3 products (Kona 3 with the AJA HD10AVA to convert the analog HD to HD-SDI), and everyone is very happy with the quality.

Call AJA support.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]