Hi, I had a problem with ProRes422 HQ and the AJA IO HD. I had posted a thread in the FCP forum but I thought I would post results here as someone else might come across the same problem and it could save them some time.
I could not play back or record without dropped frames any data stream over ProRes422. Here was the fix from AJA.
1) Go to FCP system settings -> playback control and set the playback
quality to HIGH and frame rate to FULL.
2) Disconnect all other firewire devices from the computer other than the Io
HD. This includes firewire storage. Same for USB devices except keyboard and
3) The Io HD should be connected directly to the computer firewire port and
not a firewire card.
4) Try connecting the Io HD to the firewire 400 port.
5) Delete the AJA control panel preferences:
6) Delete the Io HD preferences:
7) Reinstall the io HD driver:
a. Go to: /library/receipts and delete all the AJA pkg files.
b. Go to: applications -> aja utilities and run the uninstaller.
c. Install the v1.1 Io HD driver.
8) Delete the FCP preferences:
a) Close FCP
b) Go to: /users/username/library/preferences and delete: FCP
preferences, OBJ cache and Prof cache files.
c) Launch FCP and setup with a AJA Io HD easy setup.
9) As a test, try setting the scratch to the internal drive to see if the
problem is storage related.