FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Io LD audio problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Krowe
AJA Io LD audio problems
on Dec 3, 2007 at 10:30:45 pm

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can assist me with a strange audio glitch with our Io LD interface. Here's the set-up:

The Mac:
- 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro
- 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 4x1GB
- OSX 10.4.10
- Final Cut Pro 6.0
- Belkin Firewire 800 Express Card
- Lacie d2 (320GB) 7200rpm External HD

AJA:
- AJA Io LD (clean install w/ v3.0 drivers)
*Note* having spoken and troubleshot with AJA support for nearly 45min. Returned interface for a 2nd rig - to no avail
- Blackburst Generator hook-up

The Deck:
- BetaSX Sony DNW-75

The Intent:
To import off of BetaSX work tape(uncompressed) into Final Cut and output back to BetaSX edit pack for packaging in Avid DS.

The Problem:
Audio needs to be output as 2-channels - with dialogue on right channel and soundscore on left. When Final Cut plays timeline back through AJA the BetaSX deck is receiving mix-down channels - despite directs pathways. Right track plays as a single channel in the deck (channel 1). Left track in Final Cut plays as a stereo output in the deck (channel 1 & 2). Even if there is only one single mono-audio track in the time line (track 2), the output to the deck shows as 2-channel...how is this?!

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and if it was remedied. Tech support (who have been great with their efforts) at AJA seem to be stymied by this one. Thus, this lengthy message hoping for some brilliance.

Anyone please...I am falling behind with delivery deadlines.

Sincerely,
Jason Krowe

Return to posts index

cofe
Re: AJA Io LD audio problems
by
on Dec 4, 2007 at 12:36:28 am

if it is not hardware related the only thing I can think of is that the pan settings for your audio clips in the timeline are not set correctly.
now you might already checked this so if you did I'm at a loss too..
but if not check the following:
double click the audio clip from the timeline to open it in the viewer. check where the pan setting is at. if for this clip on track 2 the pan is set to middle then it will play back out on both output channels. it should be set to 1 (all the way to the right). track 1 clips should be set to -1 in the pan slider (all the way to the left).
by the way the right channel should be on channel 2 on your vtr and the left on track 1.
also make sure that your audio output for your seq is set to 1+2.
That's really all I can think of...

Return to posts index

Jason Krowe
Re: AJA Io LD audio problems
on Dec 4, 2007 at 12:50:07 am

Thank you for your response, cofe.

Yes, we've tried the panning to the correct side and mixing it up backwards only to get the same results.

We've also hooked up to a MiniDV deck recorder to see if there were any audio issues. Through firewire, we're able to direct the pathways properly and had no issues working in MiniDV. Thus, there seems to be no issues with Final Cut or the Mac...seemingly.

JK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]