FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic VTR Trouble

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
germane
Panasonic VTR Trouble
on Nov 11, 2007 at 3:33:11 pm

From searching the web and the COW. I've discovered the reason for my FCP "VTR trouble. check the tape..." error message when digitizing is because of an AJA bug.

Does anyone have the patch for this? It's a Sunday and I want to get all my media in before starting the edit on Monday with the producer.

I've left messages with AJA but they're not open until Monday.

Help!

Thanks.

BTW, whey doesn't AJA post this in the FAQ section and have a link on the website for it? That's frustrating!

Andrea Stewart
Producer/Editor/Director - Owner
Germane Creative LLC

Return to posts index

germane
Re: Panasonic VTR Trouble
on Nov 11, 2007 at 11:49:44 pm

Thanks to one of the cows out there. I got the file.

Is there some way we can upload that file to a place everyone can access?

Andrea Stewart
Germane Creative LLC

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 12, 2007 at 1:31:05 am

are you refering to the OLD Panasonic DVCPro50 VTR's that are no longer manufactured by Panasonic. Almost 100% of the people that I know have retired this VTR. I don't see what the panic is to keep archive files going for VTR's that are no longer manufactured by Panasonic.

Heck, I would be happy if Apple Computer would keep earlier versions of Quicktime up on the web for download (for Product like AVID, etc) - but Apple doesn't do this - most companies don't.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

germane
on Nov 12, 2007 at 2:55:18 pm

I'm referring to the AJ D750.
And for a lot of us poorer folks out there, there are a lot of these decks and others from Panasonic (D650, etc) that are still in use. Just searching the COW and other forums I've seen this issue come up from a lot of people. Once someone asks the question, it is usually followed by 5 or 6 people saying, "hey did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem."

I have nothing against AJA. I love my little helper. But it sure would help if there was some mention in the FAQ at least to ease your mind that you're not going crazy when you're doing everything right but you still get an error message. I would think AJA would rather not have to answer this question and send emails with the patch multiple times.

Luckily, someone out there sent me the patch over the weekend so I could load and be ready for edit Monday morning. (Thank you John P!)

Andrea Stewart
Germane Creative LLC

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 13, 2007 at 3:14:31 am

Andrea,
you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. AJA should ABSOLUTELY put this patch on their support/downloads site. I have used this patch 3-4 times for clients (including Tribune Corp that is not a poor company), and currently, I don't even know where my CD is that has this patch.

AJA should have this on their website, with the download.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]