FORUMS: list search recent posts

display wierdness

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Alexander
display wierdness
on Oct 20, 2007 at 6:56:35 pm

I'm trying to pension off my cinewave and replace it with an Io.

So I've run the CW uninstaller and removed the card but the only way I can get my cinema display to work is with the CW card installed and the breakout box attached.

I've tried zapping the PRAM, booting in safe mode and starting from the CD. Without the CW it boots but no display, put the card back and the display works fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this one????

Thanks

Mac dual 2Ghz G5
20in Cinema display
2GB RAM
OS 10.4.10 and 10.3.6 on 2 partitions

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: display wierdness
on Oct 23, 2007 at 5:35:03 am

OPen your display preferences after you uninstall the card and see what you see. If you see nothing click 'detect display'.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rob Alexander
on Oct 23, 2007 at 5:27:20 pm

Thing is there is no display - so I can't see to do that. I've replaced the crd with an X800 today which is working well - but it'd be great to get to the bottom of the problem, clearly the old card works - it just needs the CW there as well????

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Oct 23, 2007 at 5:45:22 pm

Jeez, I misunderstood. So you only have one Apple display hooked up and as soon as you uninstall the CW card, it stops displaying? Wow. What a bummer and totally strange. It sounds to me like it must be putting your card into a display mode that the Cinema Display doesn't support. Have you tried downloading newer drivers for your graphics card? You said zapping PRAM doesn't restore it? DId you zap before or after the uninstall?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]