FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reinstalling Compressor

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steffie
Reinstalling Compressor
on Sep 27, 2007 at 6:22:48 pm

I know a lot of people had issues with Compressor before, and I thought I could see through the problem, but now I made a bit of a mess...

Compressor 2.0.1
...had never used it, then did a few tests in order to find the correct Mpeg2 seeting to compress for DVD SP 3.0.2

It kept crashing. Exported from FCP 5.0.4 via Compressor, took ages then crashed. Exported QT self contained and ref file, brought it into Compressor, which crashed again.
Trashed the Compressor preferences, repaired permissions, finally followed an Apple doc, erased Compressor, to reinstall it. Everybody across the forums seems to have succeded in doing so.
But now there's a whole new problem. I can not reinstall Compressor. We've got the FCP HD update, where Compressor is greyed out, so I tried going via the initial version, 4 I think, of FCP, which leaves me only with Compressor 1. And the update on the FCP 5 installation CD is still greyed out.

I hope it is something easy I am missing!

My plan is to reinstall the whole package again. But is that the solution?
Plan B, very B is to purchase the FCStudio 2 upgrade. But I fear I will just end up with the same greyed out misery.
Plus after years of pain the system works very very smothly. It would be a shame to upgrade to the latest and face a whole new set of problems.

Could anybody help please...

FCP HD, Dual 2GHz G5, X Serve Raid, AJA IO, 10-bit uncompressed, Beta SP and Digi Beta PAL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]