FORUMS: list search recent posts

component to composite or S-Video?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seminewbie
component to composite or S-Video?
on Sep 25, 2007 at 3:07:33 am

I am soory if this is not the place for this question but I can't see a better one. I have the need to digitize onto hard drive from a Digibeta Deck. Now with regular Beta SP I simply use my Canopus ADVC 110 and create DV files. However Digibeta offers me neither S-Video or Composite out. Am I looking for an SDI or Component downconverter?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. And yes I know about the quality loss by doing this but this is what I need to do.

Thanks

Dan

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: component to composite or S-Video?
on Sep 25, 2007 at 4:37:41 pm

[seminewbie] "However Digibeta offers me neither S-Video or Composite out."

Are you sure? I don't know of any modern deck that doesn't have composite video out. (I might not get out much though.)

AJA has an SDI to Component and Composite converter that we've used since the original Kona SD card.

It looks like there are several options on AJA website.

http://aja.com/html/products_converters_mc.html

Though if you're going to spend that much, you might go ahead and buy an AJA IO LA or a card for a tower or something.

-Russ

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on Sep 25, 2007 at 4:47:54 pm

thanks

Dan

Return to posts index

nick Price
on Oct 9, 2007 at 8:55:50 am

Not sure what digi deck you are using, perhaps give us the model, but almost all digibeta decks have composite output, in fact most have 3. But it will be a BNC not a phono connection. Get a BNC to phono adapter, not more than a couple of quid, and it should work fine. The output will be marked Analogue video 1 (or 2 or 3!)

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]