FORUMS: list search recent posts

another IO HD update

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Royce Hildreth
another IO HD update
on Aug 30, 2007 at 10:57:18 pm

I just received this note below from my reseller.

"On behalf of the dedicated team, we would like to thank you for your pre-order Sales Order xxxxx of the AJA Io HD. Due to a manufacturing delay, AJA is expected to begin shipping this product the second week of September."

I hope when they release this box it is everything promised. I am not usually a person that buys stuff before getting to play with it a couple times;-) Id rather they get it right instead of us downloading patches/updates, etc.

-Royce

Return to posts index

sanjuloti
Re: another IO HD update
on Sep 4, 2007 at 2:15:13 am

Do you think this card can let me cut my 10 hours of HDCAM (1080/60i) footage on Final cut studio 2 and 1TB (non raid) hard drive? I need to chop total footage in 5 different projects no mare then 2 hrs. each.

Return to posts index

rborroto
on Sep 4, 2007 at 3:55:16 pm

Let me clarify that the IOHD is not a card, but rather a portable desktop "breakout box," if you will, with analog and digital connectors, and it has a hardware-based ProRes422 encoder/decoder.

The amount of drive space a ProRes422 project will take will depend on several factors, and these include the volume of footage, the resolution at which footage is captured, the frame rate, the amount of rendering needed based on the number of layers and the power of your computer, graphics, animation, etc. I have found sometimes that my render folder actually takes more space than the capture scratch folder, particularly when you're taking the same set of clips within a project and making several versions/sequences that need to be rendered.

Return to posts index

msacci
on Sep 4, 2007 at 6:51:21 pm

Also new questions should have new threads. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]