FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting Video Input sign

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mellogrfx
Adjusting Video Input sign
on Aug 15, 2007 at 1:34:11 pm

Hi and sorry for the easy question...but how do you adjust the Hue and saturation w/the AJA IO LA? The sliders the these controls are greyed out in FC so I'm guessing I have to adjust with the AJA IO LA? any help will be much appreciate and thnx in advance
mark

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
Re: Adjusting Video Input sign
on Aug 15, 2007 at 2:00:45 pm

You should have the AJA "Control Panel" Application installed (look in your Utilities folder). If not you can download it from AJA support. It has several preset slots to save your settings. Unfortunately with the IO product line you cannot run the control panel and FCP at the same time so you won't have access the scopes in FCP. I use hardware scopes. Perhaps someone knows of a third party software scope for OS X.

Return to posts index

mellogrfx
on Aug 15, 2007 at 5:09:32 pm

Hey thnx so much for such a quick reply...I guess I better button my lip and just accept that I piece of hardware might not be all friend w/FCP. So the scope in FCP is no good to me? I mostly digitize from Beta SP and we do have a scope here...however it is in another edit suit across the hall and I would have to try to be in 2 places @ once...oh well...thnx again.

Return to posts index

mellogrfx
on Aug 15, 2007 at 5:54:15 pm

Oh...another...why is there NO communication with my beta dck after I use the control panel?

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on Aug 17, 2007 at 9:23:57 am

I don't know why you lost deck control. Try turning IO off and on. On the levels issues thing you might consider is borrowing the scope to set your input levels correctly for color bars. You could then save the settings as a preset in the control panel. After capture you can use the scope and filters inside FCP to adjust video levels. I like the 3-Way Color correction filter for this purpose. Best of luck.

Lee Berger
http://www.leebergermedia.com

Return to posts index

chris
on Aug 24, 2007 at 6:38:45 pm

Be sure to always click on the desktop when switching between the IO Control panel and FCP. This will save on the issues somewhat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]