FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI Question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Allison
HDMI Question
on Aug 8, 2007 at 8:24:13 pm

I saw a comment recently that said an HDMI connector includes the audio and video, but it does not include time code. Is this true? If it does not include time code, can you log and ingest HDV footage through the HDMI connector? What about re-ingesting at a later date? If time code is not included, how does the HDV deck know find the specific shots you want to work with?

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: HDMI Question
on Aug 9, 2007 at 3:19:29 am

You have to use crash capture or do device control via firewire.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Tim Allison
Re: HDMI Question
on Aug 9, 2007 at 12:20:28 pm

Crash capture is what I want to avoid. If you crash capture, you can never reload your project from the original media again. We presently use the component-out from the HDV deck, and take that into our Kona card. Even with that hookup, we still use the FireWire for machine control. That's not an issue.

I guess my real question is, can you batch capture using the HDMI connection from a HDV deck thru a AJA Io-HD? Then, if for some reason you need to reload that media from the original tape, can you recapture again directly from the FCP project file without having to re-enter the in and out points of each shot?

This is no problem with Betacam and RS-422 machine control. Will it be a problem with HDV via HDMI?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]