FORUMS: list search recent posts

I/O & Panasonic AJ-HD150 work?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pSquared
I/O & Panasonic AJ-HD150 work?
on Jul 18, 2007 at 8:38:34 pm

Possible to use these two together? Trying to get best quality DVCPro into my system,
(FCutStudio II, MacTell Pro G5 Quad)

Just wondering if any body's doing this set up and how'd you hook in.

Thanks,

p2

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: I/O & Panasonic AJ-HD150 work?
on Jul 18, 2007 at 9:48:10 pm

what is your question - can you get the HD signal from a AJ-HD150 into an AJA I/O ? No. The AJ-HD150 has standard def outputs to feed the I/O, but it does not handle HD. Unless you are refering to the new I/O HD, which is not released yet.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

pSquared
Well, yeah...
on Jul 18, 2007 at 11:35:48 pm

Sorry, know can't do HD w/the I/o, just wondering if say, going standard def in to FinalCut from the AJ-HD150 thru the I/o would be better quality than FireWire in from Panasonic 1200A.

Just looking to get best quality from the boxes I've suddenly inherited in the new job.

Thanks

p2

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Well, yeah...
on Jul 19, 2007 at 12:58:50 am

if you are doing an HD job, obviously firewire from the AJ-HD1200A into FCP will look better, than standard def, from either the HD150 or HD1200A SDI output into the I/O. Most people who deal with HD prefer to work in HD, and then downconvert their output at the end. So even on a hi end example (HDCam 1080i job or Varicam 720p job), few are going to downconvert to SDI SD, just because the job will be delievered in SD (like on Beta). Most will edit and master the entire show in HD, and downcovert for delivery.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]