FORUMS: list search recent posts

ioHD vs LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark palmos
ioHD vs LHe
on Jul 2, 2007 at 9:43:27 am

Hello all,

I know the IO isnt out just yet, but I have a 10 day window to take advantage of my sister coming from the usa to uk, and I am thinking of asking her to bring me over an LHe... but then the io is very interesting...

Big questions for me:

1/ the IO has no hardware "acceleration", the LHe does have some for HDV and DVCPROHD and takes advantage of RT Extreme (so more RT ability on LHe, I guess?)

2/ once IO has inputted the ProRes footage, is it true to say the mac would edit exactly as it would if there was no IO connected? IE, is the IO simply for In and Output, no affect at all on editing process and speed.

3/ can the IO output simultaneous downconverted SD in an HD project? And is the analogue output working simultaneously, so is it true one could have any FCP project (HD or SD) output to an analogue SD monitor while editing?

4/ IO has HDMI outputs, again, is it true to say this would be output at 1920x1080 during editing, so a suitable monitor could be used to view program output?

5/ IO has dedicated component, YC and composite outputs, no need for sharing pins as with LHe.

your comments and opinions greatly appreciated,

Thanks folks,
Mark

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: ioHD vs LHe
on Jul 2, 2007 at 11:43:21 am

[mark palmos] "1/ the IO has no hardware "acceleration", the LHe does have some for HDV and DVCPROHD and takes advantage of RT Extreme (so more RT ability on LHe, I guess?)"

that acceleration is for the scaling needed when working with these foramts when playing out the "anamorphic" content out correctly

"once IO has inputted the ProRes footage, is it true to say the mac would edit exactly as it would if there was no IO connected? IE, is the IO simply for In and Output, no affect at all on editing process and speed."

you should still get the same response on the IoHD - it is essentially a kona card in a box- but nothing for ProRes.

" can the IO output simultaneous downconverted SD in an HD project?

yes - like all aja products all of the ports are live all the time, and can be set to do conversions ( up & down) out of the IoHD

"IO has HDMI outputs, again, is it true to say this would be output at 1920x1080 during editing, so a suitable monitor could be used to view program output?"

HDMI is both 720p and 1080 so you can choose.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
Re: ioHD vs LHe
on Jul 2, 2007 at 9:52:02 pm

Thanks for the info Gary.
Much appreciated
Mark.

Return to posts index