FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get SDI out

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodders
Can't get SDI out
on Jun 27, 2007 at 1:04:25 pm

Can anyone suggest a reason why I can't get an SDI signal out of my AJA io?
(I've checked the tape machine and it is fine)
Could it be a driver issue?
Thanks
Rod

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Can't get SDI out
on Jun 27, 2007 at 1:16:58 pm

[Rodders] "Can anyone suggest a reason why I can't get an SDI signal out of my AJA io?"

Which Io do you have? the LA models does not have SDI out.

give Tape deck,
OS and FCP versions
Io model and driver version

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

Rodders
on Jun 27, 2007 at 1:27:59 pm

Thanks for the quick response Gary.
It's an AJA IO, not an LA or LD, on the website it's at this link http://www.aja.com/html/products_Io_Io.html

I'm a freelancer and it's in a suite I do some work at.

I also emailled AJA and they replied within minutes which impresses me.

They suggested:

1) Make sure there are no other firewire devices connected to the computer;
this includes firewire storage.

2) Reset the computer PRAM:
a) Turn off the computer.
b) Turn the computer back on and hold down:

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 27, 2007 at 4:45:17 pm

do you have a TV monitor in your room with analog composite input ? Or analog component input ? Bring up color bars in Final Cut Pro, and make sure that you can get these color bars from the AJA I/O Video output into the TV monitor composite input. If this works, that means that you are probably getting an SDI output from the I/O as well.

You have not told us what the TV monitor looks at. Some people have the I/O go into the VTR, and the VTR goes to the TV. I have no idea if you have a patch bay system or router system in your room, or if this is a simple small room, with the I/O and VTR and TV all in one room.

If you cannot get color bars onto your TV, simply open up the Pro I/O control panel, play back a tape thru the I/O, and see if you can see it on the TV monitor (forget FCP for now - just try this test). If you can't see an image thru the I/O with the control panel, then something else is up.

There are many reasons why you could not send an SDI signal into your VTR (often cabling), but you must tell me more about your room, for me to give you more suggestions. If your machine is simply patched out (or you dont' have SDI INPUT selected on your VTR), no suggestion is going to help you.

Let me know -
bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]