FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Drivers For FCP 6?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivier Jean
New Drivers For FCP 6?
on May 25, 2007 at 5:41:12 am

Hi There,

do we know when AJA will release the Drivers fro fcp6?

Regards
Olivier Jean
Video Sales Consultant
Apple Certified Trainer Final Cut Pro 5
Powermedia Systems
Sydney Australia

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: New Drivers For FCP 6?
on May 25, 2007 at 3:47:17 pm

Hello,

The current version 3.0 software is the proper driver for FCS2, in addition to supporting FCP 5.1.x.

AJA is also creating new Easy Setups to support FCP6. These additional Easy Setups will be a separate download at our website, and not part of a new driver release. We will post here when this is available for download, which is expected shortly.

Thank you,

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Olivier Jean
on May 26, 2007 at 4:03:05 am

Hi Guys,
Wonderful news and thanks for your
prompt reply.

Thumbs up !

Regards
Olivier Jean
Video Sales Consultant
Apple Certified Trainer Final Cut Pro 5
Powermedia Systems
Sydney Australia

Return to posts index

stevec
on May 27, 2007 at 11:16:54 am

Would love to see a version of FCP that allows saving just the settings that I use or will need rather than every setting. I know that the new version of FCP 6 allows this with the effects..

Perhaps a setup utility from AJA, that allows a "configurator" with only the settings I need, gets installed.

Too many settings are creating this monster list to choose from, not from just AJA but other Mfg. drivers I my need as well.

My 2 cents.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 28, 2007 at 2:15:44 pm

that is what the EASY SETUPS are for.

if you want them to be at the top of the list, you can put a __ at the beginning of the list - like __BETA, which could be AJA Betacam YRB uncompressed 8 bit (for example).

When you delete all the EASY SETUPS, so you just have three listed that you use (for example), then you rent MACHINE X one day, and say "oh crap, where are the stupid setting for MACHINE X" - and you are screwed.

The "thousands" of choices aggrivates everyone, but there are so many machines, that can be used with so many different compresssion types - this is what calls for these huge lists, and the need for EASY SETUPS. Perhaps you would like someone to create a "third menu choice" that is PRESET EASY SETUPS, so you only see the EASY SETUPS that you want to use, without deleting (or having to see) the other easy setups. Good idea.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]