FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question for AJA: IO HD as Standalone Converter?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guy
Question for AJA: IO HD as Standalone Converter?
by
on May 16, 2007 at 1:35:03 am

Hi,

After you use the control panel app on a mac to set-up the Converter options on the IO HD, will the IO HD retain the settings when it is unplugged from the mac? For example, can you set it up to do a hardware downconversion, unplug from the mac and have the IO HD remember your settings and act as a stand alone hardware downconverter?

And what happens if you power down and then back up, will it remember your settings?

Thanks

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Question for AJA: IO HD as Standalone Converter?
on May 16, 2007 at 3:26:38 am

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=150&postid=...

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 16, 2007 at 12:31:47 pm

Hi Guy -
there is no reason to purchase the I/O HD as a stand alone converter. AJA is going to release the AJA FS-1, which is the I/O HD, in a true stand alone box, with a front control panel (no computer required, but you can plug in a computer as a GUI interface) for $3995. This is about $500 more than the I/O HD, but it will do exactly what you want, and you will NEVER have to worry about plugging in a computer to change any settings.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 16, 2007 at 2:23:19 pm

[Bob Zelin] "AJA is going to release the AJA FS-1"

To be clear the FS-1 will NOT plug directly into FCP (you will still need a capture device of some sort to get into FCP). The ioHD has HDMI and the FS-1 doesn't.

And to answer the second half of your question, Guy. On the current control panels (io & Kona), you can save configurations so if the power goes out or you power down, all you have to do is simply open the configuration that you saved.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Guy
by
on May 16, 2007 at 5:05:37 pm

Thanks guys, I should have seen that other thread.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my question. What I'm trying to find out is if you can set up the IO HD to be a converter box and then unplug it from your mac, turn it off take it on a shoot and have it keep doing what you set it up for in the control panel all by itself with no mac needed.

I understand the the FS-1 is a better choice for this kind of thing, but it would be nice to know that you can use your IO HD all by itself for certain specific conversions. Its also cheaper than buying an FS-1 for a simple downconvert or whatnot.

Thanks

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 16, 2007 at 8:53:08 pm

[Guy] "What I'm trying to find out is if you can set up the IO HD to be a converter box and then unplug it from your mac, turn it off take it on a shoot and have it keep doing what you set it up for in the control panel all by itself with no mac needed"

As long as you set that setting p as the default, but even then it's a risk, that is if something goes wrong, you don't have a laptop to fix it. A laptop would be best to have unless you get the FS1.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]