FORUMS: list search recent posts

Io-HD input controls

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Portune
Io-HD input controls
on May 1, 2007 at 8:55:58 pm

Any chance that input level controls for the Io-HD will be accessible from the capture settings tab in the capture tool in FCP6?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Io-HD input controls
on May 2, 2007 at 12:11:39 am

WHy wouldn't they be?

Return to posts index

Bill Portune
on May 2, 2007 at 4:25:53 am

It has yet to implemented on any other AJA product...

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 2, 2007 at 4:39:32 am

Oh! i get what you are saying now, you want the proc amp. I doubt it will be included. For what it's worth, if you have the AJA io, you can use the proc amp when the io is used as a stand alone device for analog signals. The Kona 2/3 signals are all digital, so no proc amp, which might be why the io doesn't have it as everything is converted to a digital signal before going to FCP. Also, there's a proc amp filter within FCP and cc filters as well that will get you pretty much the same results. Now, with the advent of Color in FCS2, you will have the ultimate in cc control. What analog sources do you need to adjust? Some pro analog decks come with an outboard proc amp/tbc that will adjust these levels for you if you don't like/trust FCPs tools.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on May 2, 2007 at 10:11:46 am

It would be nice if the Io control panel was accessible when FCP is open.

Lee Berger
http://www.leebergermedia.com

Return to posts index

Bill Portune
on May 2, 2007 at 7:15:12 pm

I use my Io to feed analog to my K2 - works very well.
I had to send my scope to be repaired and when using the FCP scopes and the Io proc amp to set levels you have to flip back and forth. Not a huge issue, but FCP has those great controls in the capture tool that have never been enabled with the Io...

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 2, 2007 at 7:27:14 pm

[Bill Portune] "I use my Io to feed analog to my K2 - works very well."

Right, as the io will allow the analog controls and the pass the signal to SDI via a d/a conversion, I imagine. That is all a guess. You can do the same thing with your io and the ioHD.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]