FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA i/O, HDV and BETA SP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Dillard
AJA i/O, HDV and BETA SP
on Apr 29, 2007 at 11:05:48 am

We have the i/O and would like to know if we can take a HDV project and output it to BETA SP through our current setup with the i/O? HDV footage was brought in via firewire from the Canon XL H1, and the timeline is set for HDV 1080i 60.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: AJA i/O, HDV and BETA SP
on Apr 30, 2007 at 2:39:22 am

The io is SD only. You will need an HD capture card to downconvert to SD like the AJA kona series, or the recently announced ioHD. The Kona is available now and the ioHD will be available this summer sometime.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Smith
on May 2, 2007 at 1:09:36 pm

You could do a software downconvert of your HDV timeline to SD, then output via your io to beta SP.

Return to posts index

Gregory Dillard
on May 2, 2007 at 3:12:51 pm

All i want to do is to take the native HDV timeline and output it to BETA SP for broadcast.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 2, 2007 at 3:22:41 pm

The io will not help you output HD.

YOu will need to find a different way to down convert. Using FCP is a possibility but your results may vary. Set up an SD timeline in whatever resolution you want (10bit, 8 bit, DV50, DV) and then drag your whole HDV sequence into there. Make sure to check for field order issues (1080i is upper, D1 NTSC is lower). Prepare for a long render, start the long render, QC and layoff.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]